Really want an ES Tokai but can't find any.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marty_s13

Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted here quite a while ago about thinking of getting a Tokai ES style. Unfortunately the store here is having problems communicating with Tokai, apparently they just wont reply to emails anymore.

Therefore I have no way of playing one or even ordering one through a store.

I was contemplating keeping saving money and get a real Gibbo ES-335 but they are just way over priced, you could get a decent vintage players Tele etc for not much more. The Epiphones just don't do anything for me. They just look "wrong", strange shaped bodies and large bridges. Weird headstock.

So, I might have to order online which scares me a bit. I was really hoping to play my next guitar purchase before I buy. I really don't want to get screwed with a dud. I want a great sounding guitar, especially acoustically. I can upgrade the electrics easy enough.

So is there a reputable dealer out there that can ship to Australia and wont give me a dud? Maybe a return policy of some kind?

Try forum member Stratmoto, he is a Tokai dealer in Aus and should be able to sort you out.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1609

Mick

I've owned several ES Tokais and loved them all. However, I did find a wonderful ES-339 Gibson this past year. It has all the 335 specs but with a smaller proportioned body. It is perfect for me. You can find them used from $1400 - $1500 range. Great bang for buck on these. :)

Thanks guys.

I tried stratmoto but couldn't get a reply. Any other ideas?

ES-339's do look nice but in Australia they are still expensive.

If your anywhere near the Sunshine coast my local dealer has a MIK ES60 in natural finnish in the showroom brand new but you better be quick a guy and his son were playing it the other day when I was in there I think they might buy it with the stimulus package when they get it ,,, very nice looking guitar :wink:

Here's the web address http://www.shakeitupmusic.com.au/

Latest posts

Back