Peter Frampton Greco on the bay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kenmac said:
:) It looks like that guy doesn't believe in cutting his strings at the top.
tut tut with all the health and saftey nowadays I just have visions of blinding the bass player :lol:

Kenmac said:
:) It looks like that guy doesn't believe in cutting his strings at the top.

Never had much respect for guitar players that do that. Can't help but wonder what their toe nails look like.

marcusnieman said:
Can't help but wonder what their toe nails look like.

Luckily, I have never been plagued by thoughts like that. :eek: :-? I think they're called nightmares, Marcus. :lol:

:D

The plain strings are wound the right way, clockwise, with the string going from the nut to the inside if the tuner.

The wound strings are supposed to be wound on anti, or counter-clockwise with the string running from the nut to the inside of the tuner, as well. Not with the string leading to the outside, like it is.

Different :roll:

Just think of the problems and difficult decisions Leo solved with 6 tuners in a straight line. :lol:

stratman323 said:
Just think of the problems and difficult decisions Leo solved with 6 tuners in a straight line. :lol:

I'm sure the seller of the Greco would have managed to put all 6 on backwards!

No disrespect meant here, but I think you should look at that picture again. The wound strings are turning the right way. Look at the center of the tuning peg. The end of the string might make it appear as though things are strung like the unwound strings, but look at the angle of the string coming into the tuner. It's correct.

-- Bill

No disrespect meant either but the wound strings are on the wrong side of the machine head posts, they are meant to be on the inside{truss rod side} so they have less angle going through the nut.. This helps with tuning stability and i have never strung a guitar like that and have never seen one strung that way before......IT IS WRONG....... :p

Mick

Latest posts

Back