NOS tokai parts on eBay OZ

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATO

Reaction score
Seller in Australia has come into a lot of NOS 80s tokai parts - not cheap! You'll need to scroll past the guitars.

Our friends at Tokai recently invited us to come over to Japan and dig through their NOS warehouse to handpick a mountain of parts to offer to the public, giving ya'll the incredibly rare opportunity to grab yourself some true "New Old Stock" products!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...0&store_name=mojostompboxes&_oac=1&_nkw=tokai

Yep. I got a couple of NOS pick guards from him.

That is tokaiaustralia on here, aka mojo stompboxes.

While attempting a little dive into the origin of the original "TOKAI" and "Deluxe" tuners, it took me all of 10 minutes to find out that these unlabeled tuners....

Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 20.54.55.jpg

...are Korean Hanchang tuners, likely from this millenium, and pretty different from actual 80s Tokai tuners.

Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 20.47.27.jpg

Screenshot 2023-12-24 at 21.13.29.jpg

I give them that they got them from Tokai but selling those for more than new Gotoh SD91s seems a bit questionable in my book.

Edit: I saw they also offer black anodized actual 80s "Deluxe" stamped vintage tuners. They made them actually cheaper than the Korean tuners, looks like they didn't know what to look at in first place.

Last edited:
Someone should let him know.

The pick guards I got have the correct part numbers and packaging to be from 1981.

I have not compared them to other original guards to verify if the holes line up. Will share when I do. I’m out of town for the holidays.

I sent them the link to this thread via the chat function on their site a few days ago (because I couldn't see a "contact us" button or something). Meanwhile I learned that this is "tokaiaustralia" on the forum so I tried a bit harder (using Google) to sent them a message via their contact form.

Back