NGD: Bacchus Duke Standard HB

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6495

Reaction score
Ordered it from Kurosawa Gakki and it arrived today.

Code:
Country of Manufacture      Japan
Year                        2008/9
Construction                Set-Neck, Long Tennon
Body                        Mahogany, Maple Top
Neck                        Mahogany
Fingerboard                 Madagascar Rosewood
No. of Frets                22
Scale                       24 3/4"
Inlays                      Pearl Block
Hardware                    Chrome
Bridge                      Gotoh GE-104B & GE-101A 
                            Bridge & Aluminium Tailpiece
Tuners                      Gotoh SD91-SL
Pickups                     Bacchus BRH-1 Set
Pickguard                   None
Finish                      Honeyburst, Lacquer Top Gloss
Controls                    2 x Volume, 2 x Tone, 3-way Toggle, 
                            CTS Pots & Vitamin Q Oil Caps

bacchus_duke_std_01.jpg

bacchus_duke_std_02.jpg

bacchus_duke_std_03.jpg

bacchus_duke_std_04.jpg

bacchus_duke_std_05.jpg

bacchus_duke_std_06.jpg

bacchus_duke_std_07.jpg

bacchus_duke_std_08.jpg

bacchus_duke_std_09.jpg

bacchus_duke_std_10.jpg

Wow thats nice. How do you like it? How's the neck profile and weight?

I ordered a Love Rock LS150 from Kurosawa. Easy to work with. Mine won't be ready til August.

marcusnieman said:
Wow thats nice. How do you like it? How's the neck profile and weight?

I ordered a Love Rock LS150 from Kurosawa. Easy to work with. Mine won't be ready til August.

The neck is great, not too skinny, but no baseball bat either. I haven't weighed it, but it's as heavy as my '94 LP Standard... Should be around 4kg, 8.8lbs.

Was my first order with Kurosawa and it took a while to settle on a payment option. At first I wanted to do bank transfer, but that seemed to be more expensive so I settled for credit card and sent them a PDF with an ID card & VISA scan... Couldn't find my passport, but that was OK. :lol:

I have been unable to access their page from home for more than a week, the whole order process took me 2 weeks since I'm currently only home for the weekend. The guitar arrived within 3 days though once they had sorted out their shipping problems.

The guitar was worth it though :) They also sent me a guitar stand (I checked and it's not nitro safe, so don't use it for the Tokai!), a strap, some extra strings and a string winder.

I've never played a Bacchus LP but the strats are superb. I'm starting to get bad GAS for a LP now though - everyone seems to give them a good review. :D

Dave

DaveWW said:
I've never played a Bacchus LP but the strats are superb. I'm starting to get bad GAS for a LP now though - everyone seems to give them a good review. :D

Dave

Bacchus does have a great reputation, I seriously have yet to read a bad review. :)

Would love to get one of their teles one day.

^ i was just about to say that, i need a tele and bacchuses seem to be really well-regarded. Just waiting for the exchange rate to recover (which admittedly might take a while :lol: ).

That guitar looks great, by the way. :)

That body isn't 2 piece. That line in the middle or near the middle of the back is just the grain, Bacchus use 2 piece backs on their earlier "cheaper" models and it is quite clear {i have an old BLS-95 2 piece} There is no evidence in the pickup cavity.

Mick

In the other thread someone wrote that on his Duke the join is supposedly done on the diagonal, not vertical.

bacchus_duke_std_10.jpg

The grain is pretty weird here, but it doesn't look like a join on close inspection. If it's more than 1 piece it's really, really well done and even more difficult to see.

It was just odd that the Duke Standard is the only model which isn't listed with a 1-piece body.

ArKay said:
Thanks! Who knows if the EUR will ever be worth more than 160Yen again. :)
haha, it's the pound i'm more worried about :lol: I could be wrong, but i think the pound's falled a lot more than the euro (the pound's certainly devalued versus the euro, anyway). :(

Dave_Mc said:
ArKay said:
Thanks! Who knows if the EUR will ever be worth more than 160Yen again. :)
haha, it's the pound i'm more worried about :lol: I could be wrong, but i think the pound's falled a lot more than the euro (the pound's certainly devalued versus the euro, anyway). :(

Oh, I thought you were are using EUR in Ireland now.

I have bought plenty of stuff from the UK lately, the GBP is at 1.16EUR. Used to be around 1.50.

yeah, ireland uses euros, but i'm in northern ireland which is part of the UK. :)

That's what I mean about the exchange rate, it's gone to crap. :lol: :(

Back