Need tips on buying a second hand tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

counterfit

Reaction score
Hey I was thinking about buying a tokai second hand, the seller has provided only a photo of the guitar and is yet to send me the serial number. I would be glad to know your observations from the only image they have provided me.

Last edited:
I would avoid a seller that only provided one picture of a guitar. Could be all sorts of things.

From that one photo all you know is that it is some type of ATE, assuming the decal is not an aftermarket addition.

I would avoid a seller that only provided one picture of a guitar. Could be all sorts of things.

From that one photo all you know is that it is some type of ATE, assuming the decal is not an aftermarket addition.
Thank you for your response. The seller has informed me that they will provide the serial number tomorrow, and I will upload it promptly thereafter.

The photo of the serial number indicates that the item was likely manufactured in 2010. However, I'm uncertain about its current market value. The seller is asking for £385.13. Do you believe this is a fair price?

Last edited:
Looks like it’s probably a 2010 ATE70 YSR.

Check eBay, Reverb, etc. to see what they sell for.

IMG_4543.jpeg

So, which should I go for: the Tokai at £385.13 or the Squier Classic Vibe at £266.67?
Also, a big thank you for the quick response!

Tokai definitely, you may end up with an instrument worth more when it comes time to sell or you will want to hang on to it.
The classic vibe is a really good guitar (I had a thinline Tele) but it was not worth anything like a Tokai layer.

Well, I decided to buy the Tokai and I can't seem put it down. It just feels so **** good and sounds wonderfull.
#TokaiLoveRock

Latest posts

Back