my Golden Goldstar Sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robpinder

Reaction score
Hi Guys
newbie on this site and just getting back into playing after a many year break. Way back in 83 or 84 ( I think) I bought my trusty old Tokai strat from a guitar shop in eldon square Newcastle. Its metalic gold and I always hated the colour but out of all the guitars in the shop it just felt and sounded the best, which is why I ended up with it instead of the white Fender strat I originally went in for.
It was gigged lightly in the early days ( which is where it developed it belt buckle rash on the rear) but its sat in its case for quite a few years as the kids grew up , only being taken out on the odd occasion since then (plus the occasional jam session). obviously its not in mint condition but it has been looked after and is still all original , however I lost the wammy bar years ago
I do understand that these early ones are quite collectable now and wonder if anyone can lend me a hand to identify the model, etc. Even though I dont want to get rid of it a rough estimate of value wouldnt go wrong either. Still lovely to play but could do with a good clean.
To help Ill post a couple of photos Ive taken once I figure out how to upload or find somewhere to host them but havent dismantled it or stripped it down any.

any help greatfully accepted.
Rob

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, Ill try to get some better ones when I have some daylight and a real camera rather than my phone so you can see some detail.

Thanks Guys
Im looking to replace the wammy bar.
any idea where I would get a replacement one to fit this model ( at a reasonable price. )
I have seen a couple on ebay but as I was unsure what would fit and not damage the block I havent taken the plunge yet.

I asked about a tremolo arm here recently and did not really get a good suggestion, and the MIJ Fender arms are too narrow in bore - however - I did find that the Yamaha Pacifica tremolo arm fit mine kind of ok.

http://www.dv247.com/guitars/yamaha-pacifica-112-v-electric-guitar-natural-satin--41664

I got a replacement direct from Yamaha UK so maybe give them a call.

Barks

Latest posts

Back