more exciting than "feels like teen spirit"

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coachman

Reaction score
usually acknowledged as a bench mark for wild and exciting but i have alternatives.

i appreciate "smells like......" but place it behind "god save the queen" as THE most exciting track ever recorded.

my other suggestions in this category are;

son of mustang ford-swervedriver
i got a right-the stooges

and would love to hear other suggestions as this is my favourite type of music

coachman

Search and Destroy by The Stooges does it for me.

The Damned's first album 'Damned Damned Damned' is very underrated too.

Download a track entitled 'See her tonite' from it. That is raw punk music at it's very finest.

Well for live stuff getting the crowd totally fired up you can't beat

She Hates Me - Puddle of Mudd

followed by

Scotty Doesn't Know - Lustra

I feel like that when I listen to:

Black Sabbath - The Writ & Spiral Architect
The Obsessed - Skybone (hence the name) The Obsessed were a raw DC metal band that really only played the DC punk scene with bands such as Minor Threat, Bad Brains Black Flag and Scream (with a young Dave Grohl) amongst others. THe guitarist/singer went on to other bands, his current one is called "The Hidden Hand", also featured on the Probot (the aforementioned Dave Grohl's metal project) CD on the track "The Emerald Law", and played guitar in the video for the Lemmy track "Shake Your Blood".
Hawkwind - Lord of Light (from the Space Ritual live album)

good call deadman

being 18 in 1977 and playing in a punk covers band at the time means i am well aware of the first damned album-love"fan club"!!!!!

search and destroy has to be in this category, remember buying raw power in 1975 and that opening track sealed it for me, just waited for the pistols to turn up and that was it!

maybe include;

cranked up really high-slaughter and the dogs?

coachman

Fan club. Yeah one of my faves of all time.

I really like Strawberries too in fact prety much any of their 'Sensible' era stuff.

I bought their latest album, 'Grave disorder' recently and I love it too (must be because the Captain is back with them again) ;)

Back