MiJ Tokai Les Paul - Which one should I choose ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, interestingly, out of all the guitars we sell the one making it home
with me is the LS90Q in HDC.

The main differences on the LS90Q are a transparent burst finish. The cap of the guitar is maple, but it has the quilted maple vaneer on top to get the good quality quilting across the batch.

The workmanship is exquisite and if like me having a figured top and a sunburst finish is an absolute must on your Les Paul then you'll appreciate the skill gone into making them.

If this is not important to you, and I sense that it isn't, then stick with an LS75 - you wouldn't be dissapointed either way though in fairness.

Placid Casual said:
Then theres the LS125 and SEB models, both at a similar price to the LS90's. What's the deal with these "Sound Effect Body" models though, has anyone played one ?

"This groundbreaking new body construction offers dramatically increased sustain and note clarity that can actually be felt "streaming" through your body as you play."

To be honest, I don't feel anything streaming through my body when I play my LS125 SEB (apart from large quantities of strong lager) - the above is obviously a quote straight from the marketing manager's mouth. However, to be fair my SEB is quite resonant but no more so than any other "alive" sounding guitar I've played.

Here's the guitar in question (any excuse!)

Picture027.jpg

We like the chair! It's the perfect way of proving that a guitar is one of yours - like a trademark. :p

Latest posts

Back