Keiyo MK2 Pickups

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another set of CP-2 Keiyos?

"Set of Tokai MkII PAFs (neck reads about 7.7 k bridge about 8.7k) out of a MIJ Love Rock. Alnico (Pretty sure they're Alnico V).

Made by Keiyo pickups in Japan. Similar to Gibson 490s. Nickel (I think? That's what it says on the Keiyo web site anyway) covers."

FS/FT: Rose telecaster handwounds / Tokai PAF Humbuckers

Last edited:
"KEIYO Keiyo Co., Ltd. Shimadate, Matsumoto City In 1954, the person who was involved in the development of the Tesco TG-54 electric guitar from
Japan Pickup manufacturer'

松本ギターメーカー

Thanks jselect for the link!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 7.59.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 7.59.48 AM.png
    241.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0935.jpeg
    IMG_0935.jpeg
    284.9 KB · Views: 0
Cool. Do yo have a source for that?
http://kanikaniakira.jugem.jp/?eid=11
In this blog, it is written that the pickup is made by Yuta, who is good friends with Mr. Momose, who is a master craftsman of Headway guitars.

In fact, Momose's electric guitars released by Divisor still carry Yuta pickups Yuta is not the company name, but the personal name of the builder of Keiyo.

モモセ | カニ飯

Translation from that site:

Rikifuji: I play the guitar in a band called Yogo Koso. The blog that I write and don't write appropriately

Momose
2010.01.19 Tuesday | Musical Instruments | 01:52 | comments(0) |-|-|-| by Lux
Good evening. I have too much free time today, so I would like to introduce my musical instrument. However, I am not a very good listener, so I may not be able to write exactly what I am saying, but I will not accept any objections. I wanted to see you do something like this once. Let's go quickly.

20100119_918054.jpg

The guitar I'm currently using live is a brand called Momose. Blue guy. Impulse buy at the January sale last year. I think it was about 130,000 after bargaining... Momose seems to be a subsidiary of Divisor, if I remember correctly. First of all, it's not a brand like fender, it's a brand that no one seems to own, so that alone is 30. That's the point. Quite expensive. If there is a guitar nearby, I would like to post detailed pictures, but I don't have it right now, so I will upload it in detail next time.

First, let's look at the head. The Momose logo is written in cursive, and the head is small and cute! It seems that this momose is supervised by a person named Momose. Momose seems like a cute girl.

Next is the neck and fingerboard. Maple of course. After all, maple is more responsive and feels good to play. I thought a Rose Strat would be fine, but I have a Rose Strat so I chose this one.

Then body. Alder. And the color is a dark blue like lake placid blue. I honestly didn't like it at first, but now I like it because it looks good on stage.

20100119_918053.jpg

Look! Isn't this **** cool? It looks great especially when paired with Soma's red guitar!

As for the pickup, I use a YUTA pickup. It seems to be made by “Yuta” who is good friends with Mr. Momose, so this is also unique. The compatibility is outstanding.

Next, I would like to go to the sound, but there is no capacity, so in the next blog.

https://aucview.com/yahoo/g150097582/
The sellers of this auction seem to know Keiyo well.

According to the seller, Keiyo has already gone out of business at this time.

Keiyo had developed guitar pickups for most of the famous guitar brands in the Japan, such as Yamaha, ESP, Aria, Greco, and Momose.

It is confirmed that there was a time when it was commercialized in a box as "YUTA by Keiyo".

My ES196 pickup may also be valuable in that case.

I posted that above, but did not translate it.

Edit: I guess the one I posted is a diffferent link to the same auction with no description.,

Here's what I get from the link you posted:

"YUTA by Keiyo CP-2 Made in Japan Rare! Unused Deadstock!" was listed on Yahoo!
The bid was made in the 43rd minute.
The settlement method corresponds to Yahoo! simple settlement and bank transfer. The successful bidder paid for the shipping fee from Aichi prefecture.
The PR option was an auction using Yahoo! Easy Settlement Tori Navi (beta version).

This is a humbucking pickup made by Keiyo, a representative Japanese pickup manufacturer that is now out of business. This manufacturer called Keiyo is a manufacturer that has developed and produced pickups for most of Japan's famous guitar brands such as Yamaha, ESP, Aria, Greco, and MOMOSE. It is a model called Classic Power CP-2 and outputs a sound that features vintage tones. This is a very rare unused deadstock item in a box. The length of the shield wire is about 30cm. The width of the pole piece is about 49.5mm from 1st to 6th string. The resistance value is about 8.09kΩ, but please allow for some error.

I need your help by a no claim no return other than erroneous dispatch and initial failure. Shipping is OK for 250 yen if it is non-standard-size mail (no guarantee of arrival). You can also use Letter Pack Plus (510 yen with guaranteed delivery). . You can choose any method that is convenient for you.

YUTA by Keiyo CP-2 Made in Japan レア デッドストック「中古」の落札価格|ピックアップ|ヤフオク! 落札相場- オークファン(aucfan.com)

Last edited:
It is a humbucking pickup made by Keiyo, which was a pickup manufacturer representing Japan, which is now out of business. This manufacturer called Keiyo developed and produced pickups for most of the famous guitar brands of the Japan, such as Yamaha, ESP, Aria, Greco, and Momose. Classic Power, a model called CP-2, outputs a sound characterized by vintage tones. It is a very rare boxed and unused deadstock product. The length of the shield line is about 30 centimeters. The width of the pole piece is about 49.5 mm from the first to the sixth string. The resistance value is about 8.09 Ω.

Single coils for a Momose.

Keiyo-Yuta ユタPUAssy ハイパワー バッカス momose「中古」の落札価格|ピックアップ|ヤフオク! 落札相場- オークファン(aucfan.com)

Keiyo-Yuta Uta PU Assy
High Power
Bacchus momose

View details of this product
Thank you for viewing.

It is a famous Keiyo-Yuta PU assembly that was removed from the Bacchus Strat model and installed in Momose's guitar. Operation has been confirmed. The center PU is reverse-wound and reverse-magnetized. The 5-point selector is made by USA and CRL. For a commercially available product, the lines are carefully handled, and I get the impression that it is quite different from the products of major manufacturers. Currently, the output line is a shielded line. Please change the sound to your liking. When I matched it with my Fender Japan body, one screw hole did not match. I do not know the fit of other bodies. Continuity has been checked with a tester, and it is a fairly high power model with 6.65k, 6.79k, and 8.13k from the neck side. Since it is used, there are scratches, dirt, and rust.

CE2B4334-F731-408B-89FE-BFA77CDEE425.jpeg
EF87D618-35B1-44B8-A631-7E9572ACCFAF.jpegC46FFEA9-37FD-4D15-BFAC-A2CAD7EF984E.jpeg

Since I know Sigmania likes pictures, and I happen to have googled them years ago, here's where they're (Edit: were) apparently made:

Keiyo_Matsumoto.jpg

Last edited:
Back