info on Silver Star sn: 1102916

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dweezman

Reaction score
I recently purchased my second Silver Star, a sunburst. I think she suffered from moist, looking at the rusty hardware and ripples in the paint. Also, looking in de tremelo room, there's a small opening, seam, visible between two pieces of wood from teh body.

Can anyone, looking at the photos, give me any information on my new SS? Thanks!

tokaisssb2.jpg

tokaisssb4.jpg

tokaisssb5.jpg

Dweezman said:
Can anyone, looking at the photos, give me any information on my new SS? Thanks!

It's nice. Nothing wrong with a little rust or a gap you can't see. Neither should affect the playability. Enjoy it in good health.

well,

after a few days work:
-satin transparent paintjob (less 'plastic look')
-medium jumbo refret-job, the old ones were gone
-new Gotoh Steelblock tremelo, beter looking and more sustain
-Bare Knuckle Slow Hand pick-ups
-nitro-aged pickguard and parts

tokaisb14.jpg

tokaisb15.jpg

tokaisb16.jpg

Looks great!!

Good to see someone who's more concerned with having a great playing, sounding and looking instrument rather than keeping it all original in case they affect future value.

Looks much better - I never did like black scratchplates on Strats. The only thing I'd change would be the pickup covers - they should be more yellowed than the scratchplate. It looks a little strange to me the other way round. But nice one - hope you enjoy it.

Mike

stratman323 said:
By the way, how did you take the shine off the finish?

Mike

the original paint is still there, but a thin layer of transparent satin lacquer was sprayed over it. It looks way more beautiful and expensive now. ;-)

Yeah it does, it was far too shiny before. Did you do that? Poly lacquer or nitro?

I've never liked Silver Stars before cos of the large headstock and 3 bolt neck, but I feel tempted now! Thanks a lot Dweezman! :evil: As if I don't have enough Strats....

Mike

stratman323 said:
I've never liked Silver Stars before cos of the large headstock and 3 bolt neck, but I feel tempted now! Thanks a lot Dweezman! :evil: As if I don't have enough Strats....

Mike

I own this one too... ;-)
tokai1.jpg

Latest posts

Back