HLS-VB Bridge " How do you turn the saddles " ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donkey Oaty

Reaction score
I have an ES130 fitted with the standard HLS-VB Bridge.

I need to turn the saddle's around in order to correct the intonation, I require all flats facing one direction . On first glance it don't look like these saddles can be removed. There appears to be a small captive nut which allows the screw to turn in either direction to move the saddle forward and backwards, but I cannot see how they can be taken out ?

I'm obviously missing something very simple here. Saddles wear and setups often require an individual saddle to be turned 180 degree to get that extra few mm for correct intonation.

Hi
I had to do this with my bridge. This was quite a long time ago, so I'm going by my memory. As far as I remember, the bolt has a small retaining ring on it that pushes onto the side of the bolt. It's like a part-open washer. I just unscrewed the bolt completely and the little retainer came away. Screw the bolt back through and push the retainer back on. Requires good manual dexterity.
The retaining ring looks something like the right-hand picture in the link below.
http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/Photos/ChainPhotos/SnapRingEclip.jpg

It is very small. It won't 'look' like the picture. It just looks like a very small metal washer, around the bolt at the back of the cavity. Have you tried just unscrewing the bolt completely?

jyster said:
It is very small. It won't 'look' like the picture. It just looks like a very small metal washer, around the bolt at the back of the cavity. Have you tried just unscrewing the bolt completely?

I should have said my eyesight is shot LOL !. Once I get home I will get my magni glass out and take a close look.

But this is what I have ( except it has metal saddles )

P.S I really should know about this. But I have never come across a Gotah bridge before :oops:

24small2DSCN0064.jpg

24small5DSCN0072.jpg

Ah, that would explain it. Your bridge is a different design to mine. It looks to me like you would turn the captive nut that the bolt turns in, but hopefully someone else in the forum will have the same type and be able to advise.

Back