Help required,Custom Edition tele (Breezy) Photos

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beetleing

Reaction score
Hi, I have just recieved a another guitar, It came from Japan, a Breezysound (well thats what the ad said) its a Tokai for sure, matching neck and body numbers NTE 5-16,TEB neck pickup, non original bridge pick up, and a missing logo from the head stock , but when i was cleaning the headstock i can faintly read Tokai Custom Edition

Its got 22 frets and translucent finish all apears original other than bridge pup.
Anyone out there can shed any light on this model please age,ect.

At $300 it was a bit of a bit of a steal, p.s if it is post 85 please move.

Hi Beetleing,

This guitar seems to come up firstly in the '87 catalog as a TTE-50N with the Italic Tokai Custom Edition logo and then on the back page of the '89 Catalog comes the first mention of the colour WB on an Export Model TTE-50.

In regards to the features and electronics, it would indeed seem as though this is a TTE-50 from 1989. Also the 'Z' used in the body stamp was used on '83 up exported guitars.
Body is Alder, not basswood, so it really is just a regular TE-50 with a new colour. You could still use a regular 'Breezysound' logo on the headstock without it being a fraud IMO as the italic logos are impossible to find.

Hope this helps

Back