help me with serial number

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddy

Reaction score
my tokai custom edition strat has no serial number in the body, but there are numbers in the plastic spring cover 5030502. are these the serial number? an what does it means?please help me

What type of tremolo spring cover is it? My MAT strats have the serial number stamped on the trem covers. They look like this:

mat_750_2.jpg

Mike

the trem cover just like fender one with 6 screw hole. my guitar has vintage tremolo, not floyd rose

eddy said:
the trem cover just like fender one with 6 screw hole. my guitar has vintage tremolo, not floyd rose

They used that type of cover for the MAT's with vintage trems also, I have one of those too.

I once had a Tokai Custom Edition TST-55H strat but I don't remember if the serial number was on the neck plate or not. Isn't there any number on the neck plate on your custom edition? Tokai used a few different types of serial numbers, on some of them the first digit is the year of manufacture. For a custom edition 5 could mean 1985. Do you have any pictures of the guitar so it would be possible to identify the model?

Mike

I thought that logo was first used in 1986 but if the serial number is correct (and I think it is) your guitar was made in 1985, probably late in the year. The serial number seems to be of the same type as used on the Love Rocks, 5 is the year, 03 is probably which part of the year (my Love Rock was bought in June -84 and the serial number starts with 401) I have never seen a custom edition strat with the CBS big headstock and 3-bolt neck. Nice guitar!

Mike

wow, thank you mike!!!
I've search in internet and that italic logo was first used in 1986, and another source said that the italic logo was first used in 1987-88
http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&langpair=it%7Cen&u=http://www.guitarristas.org/mkportal/monografias/tokai/tokai2.htm
but how can the serial start with 5 (1985)? hehehe, odd tokai
oh i forget, can you tell me what the stamp in body and neck means?
tokai-7.jpg

tokai-6.jpg

tokai-8.jpg

I thank you very much

Hi eddy!

The stamps in the body and at the bottom of the neck define the time of year when they were actually built. You'll find many details in here.

I'd also like to say that your babe has got VERY interesting/top-notch pots and I'll propably kill you just for the cap whenenver you come close to me.

:p
Cheers! Rup

eddy said:
wow, thank you mike!!!
I've search in internet and that italic logo was first used in 1986, and another source said that the italic logo was first used in 1987-88

I know the italic logo was used in 1986 because I saw it myself back then. My guess is that your guitar was made very late in 1985 and is a 1986 model. I did not see the italic logo before 1986. I've been a Tokai player since 1984 when I bought my first one (Love Rock gold top). In -86 I bought a Super Edition JSX-70 but I was choosing between that one and a Custom Edition with the italic logo, both were new guitars.

Mike

rgrafend said:
I'd also like to say that your babe has got VERY interesting/top-notch pots and I'll propably kill you just for the cap whenenver you come close to me.

Cheers! Rup

try me :evil: :evil: :evil: :p :p
can you tell me what the interesting things about my pots and cap? the seller said that this guitar is still full original hardware. can this babe classified as vintage guitar?
sorry for my bad english :oops: :oops: :oops: hehehe

eddy

rgrafend said:

Cheers! Rup

It looks like a standard .047 ceramic cap to me - what's special about it? They cost a few pennys. Same with the pots I would have thought, or am I missing something here? :eek:

Mike

boingggg.... up up up.
come on rup, I want to hear the answer :p :p
what's special about it?

Well if they are what I think they are, I have several! I've changed all the ceramic caps on my guitars for better quality caps, & I use .022 caps on all my Strats & Teles.

So what's so special about this one Rup? I'm clearly missing something here :eek:

Back