HELP! Could someone explain the Love Rock range?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how much will the LS195 cost. Its 4A or 5A maple top, due in the UK late April as well...

195,000 yen = ?949 at today's rate math so that's a bit of a guide. I reckon it'll be in excess of a grand mate.

Deadman said:
195,000 yen = ?949 at today's rate math so that's a bit of a guide. I reckon it'll be in excess of a grand mate.

hmm i ll have to play an LS70F vs LS150/195 head to head then in order to decide forking out 1000gbp

Deadman said:
I would mate. :wink:

well, if it proves to be so... and i am saying this because EVERY gibson LP std that i have played was worse in every aspect than my LS85Q... hence i am a bit biased towards the LS70F (i dont really like the nitro idea, and i dont really like to hunt a lot for a guitar (LS150))

bruno said:
jamieh, just because coda managed to stock up on ls-150's, doesn't mean they're still being produced, they aren't, I asked, and this has been much debated in this forum, the production started and only lasted, due to a bunch of maple that was incorrectly suplied to tokai, it was supposed to be plain (or very low flame) and instead it was quite flamey, so they decided to produce a limited run of guitars, with nice features at affordable prices, together with those flamed maple tops... they've been out of production for more than one or two months by now...

Hmmm...

I must check this with Tokai UK because they have not given me that impression. I know there are 36 coming into the country, Coda have 12 of them and I have 2.

Who did you ask?

bruno wrote
the one thing I haven't understood to it's full extend is how come, the ls-150's you buy in england don't come with the open book headstock, most of them I've seen, have that extra wave at the middle... what's up with that? Anything to do with lawsuits? If that's what it is about, than those guitars were made especially for the european market, and there for should have a different designation, other than LS. Right?

I purchased a Ls-150 from Coda here in the UK and it does have the open book headstock without the extra wave so they are making it to the UK.

LBUK

LBUK said:
bruno wrote
the one thing I haven't understood to it's full extend is how come, the ls-150's you buy in england don't come with the open book headstock, most of them I've seen, have that extra wave at the middle... what's up with that? Anything to do with lawsuits? If that's what it is about, than those guitars were made especially for the european market, and there for should have a different designation, other than LS. Right?

I purchased a Ls-150 from Coda here in the UK and it does have the open book headstock without the extra wave so they are making it to the UK.

LBUK

When did you buy it?

I have been told by Tokai Uk that the Uk guitars all have that little dimple, maybe it's new I don't know but it is definitely to do with the Gibson arguements.

JamieH Wrote
When did you buy it?

I have been told by Tokai Uk that the Uk guitars all have that little dimple, maybe it's new I don't know but it is definitely to do with the Gibson arguements.

I bought it about 3 weeks ago from the last of the stock Coda had available.

LBUK

The LS195 is like the LS230 in the 2006 catalogue ... same specs as the LS150 but with 4A/5A maple top and a UK price of 899 w/o case.

Coda told me that Tokais WILL NOT have cases... WTF???

Latest posts

Back