• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Laboga Studio Reverb tube amp (rare stuff)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Washington Irving

Reaction score
Hello

I have a hand-made, great tube amp Laboga Studio Reverb for sale (Fame was the export name of this company some time ago). If you ever heard about a RAD-3 amp, this is generally the same, but a head, not a combo. This amp was discontinued around 2006 (or so) in favor of it's successor: Laboga Alligator (worth now about 1100Euros!). Laboga is a small Polish amp manufacturer with 30 years of experience.

Perfect visual and technical condition. The Power tubes are absolutely NEW (!!!), used for about five hours, just to check them and record a sample. These are Russian military NOS 6P14PK tubes (equivalent of EL-84s, but enhanced to withstand more vibrations - which is useful in a 50W guitar amp ;) ). It's almost the same as stock Laboga tubes.

Tech Specs:
2x 12ax7 from JJ in the preamp
4x el84 (6P14PK) in the power section
8Ohm and 16 Ohm cab out
Linear effects loop
xlr line out with a cab simulator
Reverb

2 channels, volume and gain regulation for the overdrive channel and volume for the clean channel. Both Channels have separate Bright Switches. EQ: Bass, middle, treble. Master volue and reverb regulation. This amp has a system reconfiguring the eq settings when switching the channels, to recompensate one eq for two channels.

Now the subjective part - the sound :). It has a great, warm, soft and dynamic clean channel. The overdrive is pure rocking, rich tone, it's very versatile. On Youtube you can find people playing various music genres on this amp and still sounding great :). I used it for rock and jazz. The best thing about this amp is a full, very, very juicy, slash\gary moore-like sound when playing a solo. I can't get such a great solo sound from an Engl Screamer and Marshall DSL 401 that I also have, so you know that Laboga is some really serious stuff, it's superb. Also a deep, nice reverb is worth mentioning.

About shipping and handling - contact me for an exact quote.

here are the sound samples and additional, hi-res photos: http://tinyurl.com/myu9xk
some of them are recorded by me, some are official samples from Laboga (including whole tunes by musicians endorsed by Laboga), and another single sample, recorded hastily by request, with some crunch-twang like sound. A strat would obviously sound better (I have a mahogany, two humbucker guitar). Here it is: http://tinyurl.com/m95yra

the price: 390 Euros.

Back