Edwards release a NEW LP model

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberpunk409

Reaction score
Just found a new, top of the line Edwards on eBay. Model is LP "Pure Material". Price = $2060 USD

Check this out: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ESP-Edwards-LP-Pure-Material-Super-Flamed-all-nitro_W0QQitemZ380129375697QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item588179f5d1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

just thought i'd share this new find :)

8) just back from kurosawa yokohama and there i saw 2 of them.
i asked them for the test play but they didnt let me coz its just
so new and pretty expensive (the list is about 200000 yen).
it basically looks one of those edwards les pauls but obviously
has the nitro lacquer finish. the weight felt lighter than the usual
les pauls probably because of the good quality woods.
the figures on the top are very little. the vintage taste i guess.
it has the metal plate on the back of the headstock saying
its name. "pure material series" or something. the top hard maple
is 1.5mm it says there instead of the half inch. (about 1.2mm)
the top curve was pretty low and so looks sexy to the edge......
it sure comes with the hardcase i guess. they say they dont make
'em too many. those new pure material series gtrs are like
the lower navigator gtrs. cost about half of their prices........
i asked them surely this time about you guys most concern maybe.
that where are they made? for those ones they sure answer
they are made in japan and they looks so both the price and looks.
anybody pics please when you got em........j

8) tj.

TOKAI JOE said:
so new and pretty expensive (the list is about 200000 yen)

Interesting shop! So they only let potential customers try the cheaper guitars that have been in stock for a while?

Mike

TOKAI JOE said:
pics please when you got em........

there are plenty of pics in this link: http://photos.yahoo.co.jp/ph/pronounce04/lst?.dir=/250b&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.co.jp/

also, I have measured the maple cap thickness of my LP-98LTS, it's exactly 1.5cm/15mm, the only difference is that the flame is a veneer

not sure if a real flamed cap is worth an extra $1000 USD ? sounds crazy! they should at least have bound the fret edges to justify such a mark-up

stratman323 said:
TOKAI JOE said:
so new and pretty expensive (the list is about 200000 yen)

Interesting shop! So they only let potential customers try the cheaper guitars that have been in stock for a while?

Mike

8) thats kinda what they said to me today mike. those gtrs are
pretty rare and so new yet plus expensive so they wanna them
to be hanging there super cool and shiny and never want
any scratch so far. the two i saw there are both faded cherry
sunburst like the one in the link in this thread. anyways they look
pretty good. they usually let you play anything if the gtrs are
regular but those new edwards they are still very cautious......

^ i agree. understandably they don't want any scratches etc. on it, but it's kind of a risk of the trade, if you ask me. Personally I'm not going to buy a guitar from an actual shop (other than ones I buy online without trying, but I get those cheaper!) without trying it first. I assume most other people are the same. I mean, if you went to a car dealer you'd give him/her some crazy looks if he didn't let you test-drive a car before buying it...

Regent Sounds in Denmark Street treated me well a few years back when I went in to look , ask questions, & try a few guitars. Even though I didn't have any money to spend at the time. When I did have a bit of money to spend, that was the first place I went.

Good customer service can pay off. Even if Joe hadn't bought the guitar they refused to let him try, he might well have a given it a good review on here or another forum. So it strikes me as a poor business decision. Are they going to keep this guitar in a glass case until somebody buys it?

:eek:

cyberpunk409 said:
also, I have measured the maple cap thickness of my LP-98LTS, it's exactly 1.5cm/15mm, the only difference is that the flame is a veneer

not sure if a real flamed cap is worth an extra $1000 USD ? sounds crazy! they should at least have bound the fret edges to justify such a mark-up

This is a Japanese made higher end model with lacquer and I presume some other quality features like selection of better woods. I think it's easily worth the extra money as a bit of a rare "thing" to have that is nice, but as a player... those expensive features will probably only get you an extra 5% in performance over the regular Edwards LPs.

I mean the ELP-130 (only one I've tried) is a pretty **** good guitar, how much better can this one be?

Love that lacquer.... 8)

nlp480ltd_hs.jpg

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/navigator/nlp480ltd.html

Back