Edwards Les Paul

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
Fret edge binding

Plain top maple, 2 pc

Mahogany body 1 pc?

[Rare] Edwards Les Paul type Safe Packing!

Item Description

[Rare] Edwards Les Paul type Safe Packing!

In terms of condition, there are no scratches on the electrical system, and the frets are about 60% remaining. I didn't notice any issues when playing it connected to an amp at home. However, since it's an old item, there may be some minor scratches or dings, so please understand that it's not perfect. I've highlighted visible scratches and dings in the later images.

I personally like the vintage atmosphere, so these things don't bother me.

This Edwards is an incredibly rare type with several differences from the regular model.

There is no "limited model" logo on the head. It's only Edwards.

Edwards Les Paul types usually have serial numbers starting with "ED~," but this one has only eight digits.

The pegs are the same double-ring (double-line, 2 knobs) specification as old Gibsons.

It has the same over-fret binding (fret edge binding) specification as Gibson, which is quite intricate.

It features a densely packed, jet-black fretboard and a pronounced plain top with distinctive wood grain. The back is also a beautifully grained one-piece.

The craftsmanship is solid, and when compared to my Gibson, the fretboard vibe is cooler here. Additionally, the beautiful plain wood grain on the body reminded me of the top-tier Les Paul model from TOKAI's old catalog.

Since it's used and probably old, I can't discern the finer details. I've heard stories like "old Edwards were well made" or "Edwards produced by Navigator's logo era were good," so I think it might be from that era. However, even in those models from that time, I've never seen this serial number or fret edge binding. Even if it has fret edge binding and only a numerical serial, it might be from a time when there wasn't much differentiation between Navigator and Edwards in a good way.

It's subjective, but in terms of wood, craftsmanship, and the feel when held and played, it's a really atmospheric piece.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

s-l1600-15.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600-3.jpg
s-l1600-8.jpg
s-l1600-1.jpg
s-l1600-10.jpg
s-l1600-7.jpg
s-l1600-4.jpg
s-l1600-5.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg