eBay - 1981 Greco EGF-1800

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pegcityrocker said:
Can we re-consider this guitar again? I noticed it's back up with a "Make Me An Offer" button; I would consider making him an offer if it was a 1200 as these guitars are Never for sale in Canada. I guess the color would be the only way to tell that it's not a 1000 or an 850. From what I understand, 850's and 1000's where only available in Chery Burst; is this true? I would say this guitar looks more Honeyburst.

Could it be a 1200 with new frets and some general monkey'ing around in the control cavity? What is suspicious is that the Dry Z's have new covers attached. 1200's already came with covered pickups so why change them?

I've asked him some questions but he hasn't responded yet. :-?

Chris is cool - he'll respond. FWIW, I think it's a legit 1200 with a lot of "monkeying around" as you put it. Replacing the pu covers, bridge, tailpiece, etc. to original era parts would very simple. Its the refret that will either be an issue or not. Otherwise, it looks to be in very good condition. Good luck.

Signs this guitar is not EGF1200 to me.....
The dot markers are too big for EGF1200 which have small dot markers
The fretboard looks Indian and not Brazilian.
The Greco logo for 1981 EGF1200 should be slightly thicker.

Yes, i have big doubts on this one (logo, dot markers, fretboard, neck profile) Also EGF1000 or EGF850 had similar color, and were not just Cherry Sunburst......happy days!

never seen that colour in anything but a 1200..

anyone got a pic of a honeyburst 850 or 1000?

I never seen one..

as for the markers and the logo, I agree with grecoburst, but pics can be deceiving...

I have only seen 1000's in Cherry burst. I have seen 850's in Cherry Burst and I think i saw one that was almost tobacco - might have been yours Villager. But this one does seem to be the right color for a 1200.

villager said:
never seen that colour in anything but a 1200..

anyone got a pic of a honeyburst 850 or 1000?

I never seen one..

as for the markers and the logo, I agree with grecoburst, but pics can be deceiving...

Hi villager, I have seen a picture of a 850 or 1000 from Japan website, but I think the colour was more Lemon Burst or very similiar to the guitar listed, maybe a faded CS?

The fret job turns me off,they look like railroad ties!!
The+- best part about my 1200 is the vintage frets with the fat neck,you feel mostly wood,not metal.......I hate big frets now..

Latest posts

Back