Can't identify this Tokai, help?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently bought a MIK Love rock in the same type of deal. I thought it was genuine, but it turned out to be a Fakai. It was priced low, and I took a chance. As it turns out I got a great guitar with a quality build for cheap. Its very similar to the Korean Agiles that are so highly rated. Am I pissd? not really, This guitar has a great story behind it and I can't really see where the seller misrepresented anything. He said it was Korean, and it says Toaki on the open book headtock. (quite nicely, I might say) 8)

bird19 said:
hahaha I have to point out to a seller that he's underpricing the guitar??? :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

you clearly have as much moral as you think the seller has

anyways cheerio lads, recommend you interact with humans a bit more.

little case of projection maybe?? > you point to (a lot of!) us but it's you you're talking about, aren't you?
you must have noticed before that when you interact with humans they could have a different opinion? :wink:

bird19 said:

Peace and love to you all!

We all will miss you,mate ! Don't hesitate to come back and ask for advices next time when you buy a guitar without knowing,what you buy... :roll:

rayspang said:
I recently bought a MIK Love rock in the same type of deal. I thought it was genuine, but it turned out to be a Fakai. It was priced low, and I took a chance. As it turns out I got a great guitar with a quality build for cheap. Its very similar to the Korean Agiles that are so highly rated. Am I pissd? not really, This guitar has a great story behind it and I can't really see where the seller misrepresented anything. He said it was Korean, and it says Toaki on the open book headtock. (quite nicely, I might say) 8)

Yes, but the guitar in this case was NOT a fake! That's the point that the buyer seems unwilling to grasp. Most Tokais now are made in China - the guitar he bought was simply one of them.

We have seen many problems on this forum with dodgy or fake guitars - this was NOT one of them.

bird19 said:
Fortunately the guy wasn't as a douche as some of you and cancelled the transaction...

Have to admit I'm disappointed with this result. All you've learned is that if you whine loud enough you'll eventually get your own way. FACT you were the bad guy here and you got away with it. Enjoy your victory.

bird19 said:

Pot kettle. Hopefully you're only about 12 and therefore have the potential to develop these skills as you mature.

bird19 said:
so according to some of you i am in the wrong? i know legally he did nothing wrong, but i'm talking morally. I felt I was in the right to say that I wanted to bail out , he could be an *** and say no it's not ok or he could be A DECENT HUMAN BEING and seller and accept not selling something to a buyer that has changed his opinion about the product. I admitted my mistake and apparently some of you would be complete jerks and just do everything to take the money and happily sell something unwanted to someone else.

Next time read the terms and conditions of ebay auctions. And research the product BEFORE you bid. You refer to people here as jerks and douche bags. And yet you mess about an ebay seller who is doing nothing wrong, and then treat us all to a bout of whining. :roll:

I will miss you, but only because my aim is poor.

Paladin2019 said:
Hopefully you're only about 12 and therefore have the potential to develop these skills as you mature.

I must admit that bird19's age hadn't occurred to me. But now you mention it he does behave very like someone in their early teens - whining, petulant & abusive to those they see as being in authority. I suppose if he is 12 or 13, his behaviour is a little more understandable - just a tiny bit.

But if he's a day over 13, he's very immature. :roll: And probably spoilt rotten by doting parents who tell him he can do no wrong! :lol:

bird19 said:
it could have been fake, the description and listing would have been the same... try harder next time you want to contradict someone...

It could have been a spaceship, or a banana - but it isn't. :roll: It's a Chinese Tokai, like most of the Tokais for sale. That doesn't make it a "fake", you idiot. When you next go to school, ask one of your teachers to explain the latin phrase

caveat emptor

to you - it's a lesson that will be useful to you when you grow up. If you grow up.....

Flippin heck it's pretty cut-throat around here :lol:

It is difficult being a seller on ebay these days though, especially since they took away the right to leave feedback for the bidder/buyer.

I think you spend too much time with this idiot and his age...a moron will stay a moron in most cases,even if he will grow up.We had "guitarexpert" here not long ago who teached us that any idiot can write in this forum.From my opinion guitarexpert and bird19 are the best examples that he was right.Let's take care to keep those idiots out of here for the future :wink:

That's a good question,I don't know... :oops:
But at least most of them have a short performance here and never come back

katoi said:

I agree with you, but I don't find it funny.

What's with all the friggin' angst over this incredibly minor incident?

The buyer said that the seller had no problems cancelling the transaction, which indicates to me that he knew it was a cheapo and had decided not to actually say that in the listing, and it had a 200 quid BIN? Hmmm... I don't see it as clearly as some of you.

I do think that the buyer should have offered to pay the re-list fees though, then there's really no harm done at all as ebay would have refunded the final value fees. The seller just has to re-list and wait for whatever sale he was going to get apart from this one.

We're not going to get any new members at all if you're all going to carry on like this. :-?

katoi said:

I'm certainly guilty of getting frustrated with the seemingly endless stream of new members starting threads that go

Q: I just bought this without doing my research, what is it?

A: Fake/Chinese/both

Q: What? I thought I was getting a killer bargain!

A: caveat emptor

But at least none of those poor fools tried to weasel out of an honest deal just because they have the attention span of a brain damaged mosquito.

JVsearch said:
katoi said:

I agree with you, but I don't find it funny.

What's with all the friggin' angst over this incredibly minor incident?

The buyer said that the seller had no problems cancelling the transaction, which indicates to me that he knew it was a cheapo and had decided not to actually say that in the listing, and it had a 200 quid BIN? Hmmm... I don't see it as clearly as some of you.
All this based on what the buyer says. His voracity is unquestioned then?

JVsearch said:
I do think that the buyer should have offered to pay the re-list fees though, then there's really no harm done at all as ebay would have refunded the final value fees. The seller just has to re-list and wait for whatever sale he was going to get apart from this one.
That's OK then as long as he doesn't get another buyer like this one(and there seems to be all too many of them) who comes on this site and is immediately advised to bail out.

JVsearch said:
We're not going to get any new members at all if you're all going to carry on like this. :-?

JVsearch, Have your say like everyone else but spare us the pontification!

Oh One more thing. There seems to be threads disappearing and getting locked alll over the place these days? Anyone else noticed?

What I think is frustrating is when a new member posts a guitar that they are unsure of and an old member buys it thinking it is one thing, and when it turns out to be something else whines for 8 pages that he should get his money back.
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9379&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
What is even more frustating is when he whines about it for a few more pages three years later.
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=16731&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
The most frustrating thing of all though, is when he shits all over new members when it happens to them......

jawilluk said:
JVsearch, Have your say like everyone else but spare us the pontification!

Oh One more thing. There seems to be threads disappearing and getting locked alll over the place these days? Anyone else noticed?

Sorry, I thought it was a pontificating kind of thread!
And yeah, the buyer's veracity is unknown, but the facts surrounding the listing do provide for some inferences, ie the old "what is not said" that would give an experienced buyer pause before pulling the trigger.

jawilluk said:

Yes. :evil: It's getting ridiculous.....

Back