• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Burny Super Grade Top Model for sale

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christones

Reaction score
Hi folks,
because I just upgraded to a Tokai LS320 I need to make room and sell this particular beatuy: It's a late 80's - 90's Burny Les Paul "Super Grade" Replica in excellent condition. 2 piece mahagony back, thick maple top with a wonderful flame maple top veneer, 2 x VH-1 pickups, upgraded to CTS Pots, Switchcraft jack (I'll include the original parts if wanted), low action, chunky neck, great feel and tone. The guitar has two little dings, one on the side and one on the side of the neck, nothing spectecular (not even thru to the wood). Otherwise it's like new.
Feel free to ask if you need more info, here are some pics. I can ship worldwide, but prefer shipping within EU. Price? 690.- EUR plus shipping.
Thanks for looking.
Kind regards,
Christian
burny_01.jpg

burny_02.jpg

burny_03.jpg

burny_04.jpg

burny_05.jpg

Sure would be interesting to see a picture of the inside of the bridge pickup cavity

Perfect !! 2nd pic above(bridge cavity)-See the mismatch Typically off to the right of the vaneer top centerseam -Great looking Guitar - Great pictures Dude !!!

I have an identical one of these myself, and a Fernandes one too in Honeyburst which is identical. These are great guitars!!

Sadly, someone had taken the VH-1's out and put SD 59's in. My Burny has the originals though.

Is it my imagination or is the Fernandes LP from late 80's early 90's one of the best Japanese LP's ever made?

Not sure if my mind is playing tricks one me......

Thank, unfortuneately it has not arrived yet. That?s no fault of christones, who shipped it immediately but of german carrier DHL who really sucks. They now need day 8 to ship from Cologne to Hannover, I could easily deliver by bike within that period of time.

Carrier DHL just let me know that they do not have any idea where the guitar may be. Don?t use DHL, they are complete suckers! We must fear it is lost, destroyed or stolen.

DHL completly sucks on this! They are now researching to find the guitar, I am glad nobody will loose any money over this since it's insured completly, but it's as Schnabelrock said, those guitars are a rare find, especially in that condition, so it's a loss for sure. I haven't given up hope that they might find it though... It's tracked, if DHL did not steal or destroy it during transport, it must be somehwere sitting in a corner.
CT

They finally delivered which took them 10 days for 300 km. However, great guitar, Christones forgot to mention that this is a fretless wonder :D

Plays much better than any of the 3 Original Gibsons I had and the two The Heritage I own. I have no amp at the office, I really doubt that it sounds better than the Heritage H-157, but we are going to see. Heritage is a guitar for Heavy Rock with hot Barfuss-PUs, the Burny will be for the more bluesy style. Will be hardly comparable anyway.

Thanks Uwe, I am glad you got it and this DHL fiasco finally turned into a happy ending. Enjoy the guitar.
CT

Latest posts

Back