Book, Tokai The Vintage Years 1977-1986

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like crickets down under ATM. It's Winter down there - where are you Peter?

Peter pops in from time to time. He's also on Facebook.

I've asked him more than once about different ways of getting this book out there to more people. I know he worked really hard on it for a long time and did a great job.

Hopefully something will work out as I still don't have a copy myself.

Main drawnback about the book is the cost: he is in Australia hence shipping is expensive (higher than when the first and only run was done and you have Customs too=. A small run plus shipping from Australia plus Customs for a 50? run is worth from a finantial point of view???

I am the lucky owner of two versions , a prevoius released one to check for faults he sent me , and a hard cover one.

Yep. I suggested a print on demand option where the buyer pays all the costs. Amazon does that as do others.

I have been working on a book myself on an entirely different topic. It is a monumental task. I have great respect for him getting it out there.

Hi Peter Mac,
- MarcoXMarco
I've just joined the forum, and I'm hoping to be able to purchase a copy of your book on the vintage year 7okais, in one, or more forms, to have a physical copy of it. I've never been a member of a forum, so I have yet to figure out how to personal message you, but I hope to figure it out.
Thanks,
Marco

Peter is on Facebook. He does not come here very often anymore although he does on occasion.

I’ve talked with him about a reprint and there are some obstacles. Hopefully he will find a way to overcome them. I still don’t have a copy myself.

Last edited:
Maybe if a comfirmed list of minimum 100 people pre-pay fot it it could be done. But previous edition gave poor money to the euthor. And shipping was expensive back then but it is more expensive today....

Last edited:
Maybe is a comfirme list of minimum 100 people pre-pay fot it it could be done. But previous edition gave poor money to the euthor. And shipping was expensive back then but it is more expensive today....
Hi Luis,
Is Peter Mac also the Reverb seller "Drowning In Guitars" ?
I was just looking at a Reverb sale of a " 2015 MIJ ATE-90B Ocean Turqoise Metallic" and "Drowning In Guitars" wrote "after I wrote my book on the vintage Tokais...."
Thanks
Marco

Hi Luis,
I was just looking at a Reverb sale of a " 2015 MIJ ATE-90B Ocean Turqoise Metallic" and "Drowning In Guitars" wrote "after I wrote my book on the vintage Tokais...."
Thanks
Marco
No, it couldn't be. This. Reverb seller is in Allentown Pensylvania, and Peter Mac is an Aussie ?

I guess Peter is calling himself "The Tokai Guy" Australia , making guitar set-ups and repairs.

So it is not this Reverb seller in Allentown ?
I don't recall seeing what the origional batch of 100 books ended up costing their recipients, but could a new batch be done, for $200 to $300, delivered to the recipients, and be worth it for Peter to do ?

Hi Luis,
Thanks
Marco
No. That’s a different guy. Never seen his book.

You should ask Peter these questions directly. You can message him on this forum and wait til he returns or track him down on FB. Believe me, others have tried. He’s a busy man. But feel free to message him.

No. That’s a different guy. Never seen his book.

You should ask Peter these questions directly. You can message him on this forum and wait til he returns or track him down on FB. Believe me, others have tried. He’s a busy man. But feel free to message him.
Thanks Sigmania,
I think I did successfully pm him through the forum. I've just tried fiinding him on Facebook, but was not successful. I barely deal with FB, and am not very social media savvy.
I suppose if anything happens with this, we'll see it here.
Thanks

Yep. He is aware. I stopped bothering him with requests a while back. If he does something I am sure he will let folks here know in this thread.

Back