About Faber FA2000DC

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avis

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am so in love with this beautiful guitar
http://www.tokaiguitar.de/vintage.php?folder=faber&kat=013
it is gorgeous...but not much information I can find on the internet
I tried to look at some major auction/market place sites and failed to find any sellers.
It seems like all the manufacturer and shops of Faber are all located in Germany.
Unfortunately, I live in far east Asia - Taiwan...I really can't afford to fly over and see the guitar in person.
So that's why I am here seeking help from you all, providing more info about this guitar, giving some advice on whether I should buy it or not.

Below are a few of my questions, pls help if you know anything about it. Thank you.

1. Is Faber a subsidiary of Tokai? What are their differences?
2. Does anyone here already own a Faber? Could you let me know how do you like it?
3. The price I am getting on the Faber is EURO$1585... in comparison of price and quality, what class of PRS or Fender is equivalent to Faber ?
4. The official web site of Faber does not provide a demo of its sound, and I would like to know how it sounds like. Is there any other guitar sounds similar to Faber?
5. How come there are so a few information regarding Faber on the website and no other sellers on any other auction/market places?
6. I am a college student with a tight budget...do you think this is worth to buy? I am considering to buy this guitar very seriously. Pls help.

Thank you for reading all my questions...your reply would be very precious to me and I really appreciate for your help.

Hi Avis,

I actually had one of it?s sisters on trial about two years ago. That guitar looked quite similar, although it was darker blue and had a tiger stripe. Indeed it was gorgeous and the workmanship was fantastic, but in the end I did not buy it. The playability was good but the guitar just did not sound to my likings, it was a kind of dull sounding and certainly not very "alive". In terms of workmanship the Faber could easily stand up to any PRS. I think they are specially made by Tokai for Faber, so you don?t have to worry about the quality.

I think PRS type guitars, like this Faber, have the best looks, but unfortunately (but that is just my opinion) not the best sounds. The lack the growl and depth of a Les Paul and they don?t have the ringing sounds of a Tele or Strat either. They appear to be somewhere in between and are just less pronounced or less characteristic. Two years ago I bought a PRS McCarthy but eventually I sold it because I liked my Tokai LS 240 and my Tokai Anniversary much better.

Anyway, again, sound is a matter of taste and there are a lot of PRS lovers in this world and they possibly have a different opinion, so you might like it more that I did. And all guitars sound different anyway, I?m just talking about tendencies here...

About tokaiguitar.de I can say that it is a very reliable seller and a pleasure to deal with. I own about 9 guitars and have owned many more, and two of my all time top 3 guitars are from them. If you know what you are looking for they are the seller to deal with. It?s a pity you live in East Asia so that it will be hard to try out the Faber.

Good luck! :)

Back