1981 Joe Walsh Model LS100S ???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was given a Jimi job. Notice similarities.

Attachments

• a95714cca94017a2005c3b450506fb0d-1200-80.jpg
    a95714cca94017a2005c3b450506fb0d-1200-80.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That's stunningly unambiguous. Did you clean up the translation or what software/page did you use?

(Asking because most pages get confused about "ita" = veneer, it actually says "tan ita", which is something like "1-ply veneer" = solid, DeepL understands that but messes up the sentence before that.)

I just used Google. See what you get. The translators are so quirky.

See what you get.
I did before I posted, that's how I figured out that this is surprisingly unambiguous for wood layers related Japanese translations. :)

Google:
Mahogany 1 piece body (LC100-110) After all, it's ply from the top to the back. All-veneer solid body. O The original also has the same specifications.

DeepL
Mahogany 1 piece body ( LC100-110 )
After all, it is a ply solid body from top to back.
Solid body with only one ply from top to back. The original also has the same specs.
The original has the same specifications.

Romajidesu:
Mahogany 1 piece body (LC100-110)
After all, ply from top to back
A completely solid veneer body. Same specifications as the original.

The first and the last confirm how "veneer" often means the opposite in translations, because the translators don't get that the prefix modifies the meaning of the noun.

Anyway, I guess this makes this guitar the equivalent to a DNA sample of a unicorn, a documented one-piece body LP guitar! :)

I just went through and re-scanned and translated that 1982 catalog

It makes such a huge difference with the clarity of the image when translating handwritten script.

And then I somehow lost an entire post. When I went back hours later and translated the very same passages I got different translations. And not as clear meaning. Seemed like voodoo. That’s when I quit.

Will try again today. It’s 4 am here.

Also from the 1982 catalog:

●Body
LC110, a '57 year model. The body of the 100 is a 1-piece mahogany top and back, and the body of the LC60, which is a refinement of the reissue model, is a 2-piece mahogany top and mahogany back construction. The binding of the body is all the same composition as the traditional model, earthy, straight, and sticky. A certain kind of sustain comes from a body like this.

Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 10.22.33 AM.png

Back