1980`s History HS-335 ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or info about the 1980`s History HS-335 guitars and how they compare with Greco and Tokai from that era. How do History 335`s from the 90`s compare with ones from the 80`s? There is a 1980`s History HS-335 for sale locally that I`m interested in checking out (but I know nothing about them). Thanks!

So, as I was saying in my previous post I'm not aware of any 1980s era History guitars.

I did a simple Google search on the interwebzesz (thanks Al Gore) and I came up with this.

https://history.gt/electric/about/index.html

Translated of course, here via deepl ....... the first sentence of the 'ABOUT' section .......

"HISTORY has had a consistent policy since its birth in 1994."

Over the years I have owned a few History guitars, the History brand being a store specific brand for Shimamura Music, one of the largest music instrument retailers in Japan.

My first History guitar is pictured below on the far right. I sold this guitar to a buyer that resides on Long Island and he owned the guitar for about seven years. I then bought the guitar back from him. I eventually sold the guitar a second time. I wish I had it back. LOL
It is basically a circa 1996 Bacchus BLS-95, pre BLS-120 level, with the History logo/marquee on the head stock face.
This example has a 1 piece body back and a nice thick neck.
Fantastic plain top Les Paul .......
BLS-54 left 4.jpg

Here, again .......
HS21.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for that info guitar hero.
Here's a screen shot showing the elaborate looking headstock on the History 335 that`s listed as 1980`s.

Attachments

• History80`s.png
    History80`s.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back