Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ceriatone JTM45
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Amps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Ceriatone JTM45 Reply with quote

I've just recieved my ceriatone JTM45 clone, I'm so excited I just had to tell everyone I'm at work now so it will be another 4 hours before I get to plug in, but if it sounds as good as it looks it should be killer!

The workmanship is amazing, I have never seen such neat soldering/wiring in my life!
pekkaee
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations for new baby!
I`m GASsing one too, or maybe Liverpull, or Expression.... Could you tell me how it sounds. I`m interested in particularly clean sounds and how loud it is. When it starts to "break"? Did You order "in stock" or did You prefer mods (and if yes, which ones)? What cabinet, guitar (-s), PU`s and speakers do You use? Any knowledge at all would be nice. Thanks in advance!
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've been home for two hours, I'm happy, the girlfriend isn't and the neighbours probably hate me

I'm using a Marshall powerbrake attenuator at home, without the attenuator this thing gets VERY loud and stays clean all the way up to unbearbly loud! Starts to break-up with humbuckers with the gain on about 4, single coils 5-6, gets very AC-DC with the gain about 8 and very Jimmy Page with the gain all the way up.

Totally stock. I was going to get a master volume fitted, but decided that was for poofs I'm seriously considering getting powerscaling installed though.

Currently tried it with a Greco EGF850, and a tokai ST80, it sounds great with both, definetely nicer that my Marshall Vintage-Modern. I'm using the Marshall VM 4x12 with 25 Watt Greenbacks.

Must get back to it now
twinfan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTM45s are my favourite amps. I currently gig a JTM45 clone made from Ceriatone parts built by a friend of mine. I'm in a blues band and an AC/DC cover band and it's perfect.

You need to try an SG into the top left input with:

Presence = 3
Bass = 3
Middle = 6
Treble = 4
High Treble Volume = 7
Normal Volume = 0

Guitar volume on 6 or 7 for rhythm and 10 for leads. It's Angus country
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugger! I'll have to buy an SG now! A nice beat up cherry one mmmmm!

I've been told to shut up now! Initial impressions are amazing, looking forward to the weekend when I can really wind it up!
exgibsonuser
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear very positive feedback about the Ceriatone amps, I'm shortly placing an order for the one for me - a Ceriatone Overtone Special (50w), their take on the Dumble Overdrive Special of course. I have the vintage Celestion G12 65's ready too!. A Fuchs or Two Rock equivalent is just out of my price range plus I think I'd get a good resale price should I ever want to that is...
I'm probably going to order the fully built amp but get a cabinet made up here (it's about $900 plus shipping and customs charges + VAT that we get hammered with)
I know someone who has one and he sold almost all his overdrive pedals and other amps not long afterwards plus within 6 months, he was a much cleaner player - everything is exposed with one of these.
Goldstar Strat, Silver Star Strat
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exgibsonuser, I'm sure you 'll love it, the quality of these amps far exceeds what you would expect the selling price, even with VAT/Duty they are amazing value!!
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick(leadguitar 323) has ordered one as well.
I'm going to wait til his get's here and see what it's like....prolly order one.
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting mine with Mercury magnetics Pt, Ot and choke... can't wait...

Mick
togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leadguitar_323 wrote:
I'm getting mine with Mercury magnetics Pt, Ot and choke... can't wait...

Mick

Great Mick. Do you get it alrady equipped with Mercury stuff from Nick at CT? Or is it a mod off Ceriatone?
leadguitar_323
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting Mercury to send the transformers and choke to Ceriatone and Nick will fit them there. He is very easy to deal with and is prepared to do anything within reason.....

Mick
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would have saved the money, the Ceriatone standard transformers sound fine! Still, MM have a great reputation so even if the improvement is only small, you might as well get the best!!

Nik was very helpful when I got mine, and everyone I know that's dealt with him says the same.
FastRedPonyCar
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bumping this one from the grave.

i'm considering one of these and curious if you've still got the amp and if so, what are your thoughts on it as far as the sound, reliability, etc?

If i get one, I'll just get it stock and have my friend who builds titan amps install an fx loop (much better than nik's) and possibly upgrade the transformers.

I'd go with the heyboers. Mercury is overpriced and over-hyped.
________
Digital Scales

Last edited by FastRedPonyCar on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've still got it, although it's up for sale in the classified section at the moment. Sound- the best Marshall cleans you will hear, very Fender Bassman. Reliablity - it's never missed a beat! Only selling as it's not getting used, it's too loud for the band I'm in!

As for changing the transformers, the power transformer has no effect on the tone at all, and Nik's OT's sound as good as anything else out there, I haven't tried a heyboer, but would put money on it not making any improvement over the standard Ceriatone OT.
ganzua
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnA wrote:
it's too loud for the band I'm in!

I have this same problem with Marshalls and their clones but in my case is at the recording studio and at home

Have you ever tried any low wattage Marshall clone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: