• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: Tokai NLP-40 PRS Copy

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Bob

Reaction score
I'm also looking to sell my Tokai. It is a Korean made Tokai NLP 40 PRS copy. It is just over 12 months old and in excellent condition. There are barely any signs of wear as I have played it probably less than 15 hrs in that time. Tokai's are very well built guitars and this one is no exception. The build quality on this guitar far exceeds that of my Epi LP and any other guitars I've played in this or slightly higher price ranges. The stock pickups in this guitar are really quite good. The neck pickup is very smooth, great for full, warm cleans and buttery leads. The bridge pickup is also great clean and gives a nice mid-gain overdrive through my Tremoverb's dirt channel.

These guitars aren't very common and this particular finish is no longer available, so grab this great guitar while you can.

Some of the specs are:
- solid mahogany body with a quilted maple top (veneer)
- bound body and headstock
- mahogany set neck with bound rosewood fingerboard (gorgeous)
- wing inlays
- 24 frets and a 25" scale
- nut measures 1 11/16"

I'll let it go to forum members for $400 USD shipped w/ a gig bag and padded brown suede strap.

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Why now 400 bucks for the guitar, since you were not able to sell it in December 2005, for 300 bucks? :eek:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=21461&highlight=#21461

AS you can see that was a special price for that week. If it didn't sell at that price I would raise it back up to $400 like I have done. I don't NEED to sell this guitar I just wanna try other things and $400 is what I think it is worth, especially now that JSD's will not be receiving anymore.

Lee Bob said:
especially now that JSD's will not be receiving anymore.

In normal situations when a guitar is Discontinued it is becuase it did not sell well

Sounds like more of that JSD marketing crap that made the Korean Tokais get such a bad rap

And good luck selling at that price

Back