Been to Japan

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrislpp

Reaction score
anyone know how much Yen a Toke in japan costs.....

well give me a middle/average price for one :)

not a korean.....

as i dont know what things arae like there.

Say you want a can of milk is that like 100 Yes? or is 100 Yen like 1pence/cent to them?

TIA
________
Vaporizer affiliate program

I don't know what stores charge for Tokais in Japan, but I can give you a link to an easy way to check the value of your money against the yen:

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

Just a warning: it?s not easy finding musicstores in Japan and there is not many Tokais in display.When I went to Shibuya I found 4 musictores(one was Nancy but it was closed :evil: ).I can say the musicstores found me because atough I had the adesses the name of the streets is in kanji so.... :lol: .Next time I went there would be able to read it or I 'll take my friend Daisuke who is working as a translator for a spanish firm now....
I ?m willing to go to Japan again.

Actually, there is a district in Tokyo where Tokais abound.

It's called Ochanomizu and is easily accessible by the subway.

I was there last summer and it was just awesome. An entire city block plus, lined with music stores. A mix of old and new guitars. Lot's of Tokais and plenty of Edwards, Navigators, Grecos, etc.

The prices are similar to what you see on ebay, maybe slightly lower. You're not going to find a rock-bottom bargain, but you will find variety.

Here's the original thread:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4107&highlight=

That link that Hans added is actually how I first found out about it when I was researching before my trip.

or just buy the monthly guitar magazines and ask the hotel staff to point you in the direction. Ochanomizu is one area but there are other as well.

or contact me!

I speak fluent japanese and will know the area well.

I'm moving to tokyo in 3 weeks!

as I type this...the yen is at 120.91 to the US dollar. it`s been around the 120 mark for a while now.

Back