GoldStar Sound Strato Neck on eBay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ochay

Reaction score
Slab-board Brizilian Rosewood Fretboard, Phat Strat "B" style neck>>

Check her out !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7371384533&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

the fretboard on that neck looks very dry and it also looks like its got dents and bashes all over the board as well....

LRR, I hope that if you put something up for sale we all have the chance to make useless comments on them like you're doing.

Gentlemen
I purchased this neck previously (Item number: 7352602698) and after receiving it, sent a letter of complaint regarding it's misrepresented condition to the seller. His reply was basically "too bad, no return, no refund." He has it now because PayPal agreed with an independent luthiers assessment of the damage and forced him to accept the return and refund my money. I have tried to leave deserved negative feedback, but it appears to be blocked by Ebay, perhaps because I received a refund from PayPal.
I enclose the luthier's letter

I, Peter G. Mxxxx, a guitar builder/tech/repairer, teacher and player have after careful examination determined that the Tokai neck sold to Alan Murtagh through E-bay is not as represented in the E-bay advertisement.
These are the problems:
1. Either the original or a new nut was sloppily installed, getting super glue on the fingerboard on both sides of the nut. Also, ends of nut (possibly more) must have been re-lacquered.
2. Two frets have impact stings dents: 3rd fret under 1st string; 6th fret under 3rd string.
3. Numerous dents the length of the neck on the mid-portion
4. Some decal removal bringing into question the neck?s stated authenticity.
5. Several sharp edge impact gashes on the headstock just under the name logo.
6. Impact dents on edges of fingerboard, especially 1st fret.

Due to these issues, I believe Alan Murtagh has a just case for a full refund.

Sincerely, Peter G. M

Back