Victoria B.C. Home of the faker than fake ?

Music stores and pawn shops where Tokai guitars have been spotted for sale. New or used.

Moderators: ian, ned

benhg
Plucker

Victoria B.C. Home of the faker than fake ?

Post by benhg » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:15 pm

This guy is on Craigslist and Reverb.
Maybe I don't know my Toakis, maybe he got ripped off buying from Japan in 2008, or maybe he's full of crap.
For your viewing pleasure.
https://reverb.com/item/10822496-tokai- ... lame-maple

Also this beauty, again on the Island.
https://victoria.craigslist.ca/msg/d/to ... 44102.html

aroomstudios
Guitar God

Post by aroomstudios » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:25 pm

I remember seeing this for sale a few months ago probably more like 6-12 months ago. There were posts here about it being fake that is why I had a look at it. I do not remember the users name. I wonder if this is the same guy or if this guy bought it from him and is now trying to pawn it off himself.

benhg
Plucker

Post by benhg » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:58 pm

aroomstudios wrote:I remember seeing this for sale a few months ago probably more like 6-12 months ago. There were posts here about it being fake that is why I had a look at it. I do not remember the users name. I wonder if this is the same guy or if this guy bought it from him and is now trying to pawn it off himself.
I'm suspicious of shenanigans because the jazz hollow body guy states " Excellent condition 1990's or early 2000's " model - so I posted a link to the catalogues here.

The ES 335 guy says he bought it from Japan.

If they know so much about these guitars, they're either liars or lazy and didn't do their homework.
Either way, after three cans of beer, I put up a warning post - I'd hate to see somebody duped into paying too much for these :cry:

brokentoes
Guitar God

Post by brokentoes » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Nothing but salesman bullshit. Fake.

I always laugh when people say "this is the best guitar i've ever owned" so good you want to pawn it off on somebody else.