1978 Springy Sound ST60n

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wileyone

Reaction score
Just got this one recently. Seems to be all original. Serial number under 600. The only worry is the originality of the pickups. They have no E or U on the back nor are they grey. Anyway here's some pic's.

KGrHqVHJ0EOwq0j9BQMFuUKQQ60_3.jpg

T2eC16RyME9s5qHeZBQMF1EgUg60_3.jpg
[/img]

Beauty.... first year issue Springy too. Narrow neck plate? ST60 stamped in the neck pocket?

I have a 78 ST60 too - mine with grey bottom E's. Yours certainly like they've been in there for awhile.

Gorgeous guitar.... nice catch.

Yes ST60 is stamped in the body too. There is also a small n stamped there too. As I understand the "N" was for natural finish a 5000 yen option. Here's some more pic's.

T2eC16FHJGYE9nooiKhuBQMFjsQrQ60_3.jpg

[/img]
P2260254.jpg

KGrHqJHJBoENwdlEcBQMFgOzgQ60_3.jpg

[/img]
T2eC16hHJIE9qSO-RqBQMFspkP60_3-1.jpg

P5170335.jpg
[/img]

hi
the pickups are original ...i got one st 50 serial 8000323 ....that has the same pickups and i have seen one more with the same pickups before ,,,,
all the best
otto

muccax said:
hi
the pickups are original ...i got one st 50 serial 8000323 ....that has the same pickups and i have seen one more with the same pickups before ,,,,
all the best
otto

Thanks for that Otto would they be Damarzios?

dont know what they are ..... have ask about them before but no one know anything about them :D
all the best
otto

Hi
I got a yamaha st 360 strat copy that has the same pickups --- dont know if they are dimarzio or not ... but i think they are mij
Maybe a email to dimarzio cold tell us if they made pick ups for tokai in 78
All the best
Otto

That's interesting mine doesn't have the serial number on the neck plate. Just in the neck pocket and the neck itself.

Hi
I think they used the ink serial in the neck pocket first --- the highest number i have see was in the 700...... and they just started to put serial on the neck plate ..... from number 1 again -.... so i think yours are later ... i got one with the number on the neckplate too think it is in the 600 ....
All the best
Otto

Wileyone said:
That's interesting mine doesn't have the serial number on the neck plate. Just in the neck pocket and the neck itself.

I believe the early springys could have gone either way as far as the serial number..........I'm curious as to why mine is a ST50N and not a 60..Maybe your pickups are an upgrade??

P1270004.jpg

Narrow neckplate without serial number came first - very limited production. These are the first Springy Sounds made.

Stamped serial came after that with some changes to specs such as pickups.

muccax said:
Hi
I think they used the ink serial in the neck pocket first --- the highest number i have see was in the 700...... and they just started to put serial on the neck plate ..... from number 1 again -.... so i think yours are later ... i got one with the number on the neckplate too think it is in the 600 ....
All the best
Otto

Ok so mine with the higher serial number not on the neck plate would be an earlier Guitar than one with a lower number stamped on the neck plate?

Confusing....

Back