Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tokai MAT "Most Advanced Technology" Model M-551 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zenriderplayer
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject: Tokai MAT "Most Advanced Technology" Model M-551 3 Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about this guitar? Tokai M-551 made in around 1985?????
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jpo1953
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they were made from combinations of 'advanced' materials such as composite carbon fibre/fibreglass I believe. I have never seen one in the flesh but they are supposed to be high quality and probably cost more than the standard models. Hope this helps.
Joe
loverockerUK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

null

Last edited by loverockerUK on Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Peter Mac
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

There was another MAT on eBay which was the M801 in Gloss Blue. It is not carbon composite though.
I have already emailed the seller informing him but it sounds like he is ignoring the information

Peter Mac
zenriderplayer
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: thanks for the info Reply with quote

jpo1953 wrote:
Yes, they were made from combinations of 'advanced' materials such as composite carbon fibre/fibreglass I believe. I have never seen one in the flesh but they are supposed to be high quality and probably cost more than the standard models. Hope this helps.
Joe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
zenriderplayer
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: thanks for the replys guys....! Reply with quote

Hey just want to thank those that responded to my Tokai MAT question. I ended up getting one that was on ebay. 1985 Tokai MAT M-551 model in red with black pickguard, and matching red headstock. SSS config and she it gorgeous, plays better than some Fender's.

Take care!

Alan
javelin70
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan, did that guitar have a locking trem? From what I remember it didn't, it also had the same tuners as a TST-40 and AST-40 strat (not "Kluson" type). If this is the case it's probably a MAT M-451 (check this catalog page: http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/tokai854.jpg). Personally I would prefer the non-locking standard strat trem. I own a 1984 MAT M-750 series prototype myself in copper chrome finish with a H/S/H configuration not available on the 1985 production guitars. It also has gold hw and a locking trem. I agree with you, it's a great guitar.

Mike
zenriderplayer
I only know 3 chords

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: got the Red one with 3 single coils, M-551 thanks for the ad Reply with quote

Hey Mike, just wanted you to know got the one with the Red on Red headstock body with 3 singles. Model M-551. Don't care much for the locking system but it should sound fine. Thanks for the reply.

Never owned a Red guitar and now I do!

Cheers!

Alan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: