what other models are worth looking at except. tokai etc

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stereohigh

Reaction score
I have been looking on the japanese auctions, there are all these burnys,tokais,grecos etc, I wondered if there are any other japanese brands designed more for the japanese market that are worth looking at ?

like for expample who are coolz

Cool Z are ok.

not bad guitar for the price , especially on second hand they go for cheap.

Made at the fujigen factory, a label of quality!!! 8) for the Shimamura chainstore.

There have 2 range of price: the cool Z stuff and the History.

There's a few catalogues scans here ( sorry it's a french forum... in french). Scroll down and you'll see. :)

http://www.guitarsmadeinjapan.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1552&p=1

Univox
Fresher
Grandy
Aria
Westbury

There are more....just can't think of them right now. These weren't exclusive to the Japanese market

Stereohigh said:
seymour duncan wow cool didnt know they made guitars

I think ESP make the SD guitars. Some ESPs are worth getting, the Series 400 certainly are. Has anyone mentioned Fernandes? A Westone vaguely Strat looking guitar sold for ?125 on eBay UK last week.

Mike

Ishibashi have 3 Duncan strats on their u_box at the moment. 2 are the higher end DS-200s, which are as good a strat as you will buy anywhere IMHO.

Bacchus are good guitars.
I also have a Aria Pro II Leopard, very good unknown guitar on high end models for a reasonable price.
Westone Raimbow I II or III are good unknown guitars too.

20 century boy said:
Cool Z are ok.

not bad guitar for the price
http://www.guitarsmadeinjapan.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1552&p=1

Very good guitars IMO, they aren't cheap, 110,000 Yen for some models, but very well speced, you won't one-piece backs on much else at that price. Also the Circle Fretting system really works they are a dream to play.

AlanN said:
What's the Circle Fretting System, John?

Well, you all join hands in a circle, & you fret about how much you want that LS800 you've seen advertised somewhere in France....

:lol:

Cheers ears. :)

The physics are sound, but it looks like a luthier's nightmare. Very interesting! Do they offer that on all their models, or just the higher end stuff? I'm suffering a little gas for their 335 model (like I need any more!?).

Edit: "every single model" apparently. Hmm, I feel a purchase approaching...

JohnA said:
Very good guitars IMO, they aren't cheap, 110,000 Yen for some models, but very well speced, you won't one-piece backs on much else at that price. Also the Circle Fretting system really works they are a dream to play.
Well I was more interested in trying the History models so in comparison, I was not so impressed by the coolZ :D , but they are on the Edwards level, the History models are much more expensive but really fantastic, but very limited numbers of guitars produced.

Here's the price list ( last year) for info:

4_1236597737.jpg

Yes, if you ever needed a re-fret I don't think it would be easy!

I've got a ZLS-2/FM and it's a very good guitar indeed, as are the high-end Edwards, I think the 'not bad' comment was a bit unfair on them. Never played a 'History' but I'm sure they are fantastic guitars, but the Coolz certainly aren't a budget model, they are very nice guitars.

so

coolz
Bacchus
History
Seymore Duncan
ESP..{navigator}
OBG
fernandez
westone

is that about it, I shall keep an eye out for them

Stereohigh said:
so

coolz
Bacchus
History
Seymore Duncan
ESP..{navigator}
OBG
fernandez
westone

Van Zandt
Combat
Kid's
PGM Moon
Burny
Deviser
Momose

btmish said:
Stereohigh said:
so

coolz
Bacchus
History
Seymore Duncan
ESP..{navigator}
OBG
fernandez
westone

Van Zandt
Combat
Kid's
PGM Moon
Burny
Deviser
Momose

Missed a few biggies:
Greco
Fender Japan
Edwards
Aria Pro II
Ibanez

coolz
Bacchus
History
Seymore Duncan
ESP..{navigator}
OBG
fernandez
westone

Van Zandt
Combat
Kid's
PGM Moon
Burny
Deviser
Momos

Greco
Fender Japan
Edwards
Aria Pro II
Ibanez

alrighty some of these I have never heard of.

van zant sounds cool. any info ?

Back