Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fernandes Super Grade (Parade?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heppy
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Lilli,
on youre gas,you just missed one on ebay that went for around ?400.
Where did you get it from..?
I was in Wizard again this week,they have a S/H gold top 4 sale at the same price I got my new one for.
They reckon that Fernades don't produce them now,they do another copy called Burny which is not totally exact like the Super Grade is.
When I asked about the pickups and hardware,they said they were probably made by Gotoh.
I checked to see if I could find any numbers on mine but have had no success.
The owner of wizard thinks it could be old "New" guitar.
They said at one time that they were gonner get some more in, but now theve changed there opinons and say you cant get em.
Must admit the quality is superb.
Alot has been said about the price I paid aswell,but when you consider a Gibbo Std is ?1400 ish and a flame top Tokai is around ?750 ish I'm more than pleased with mine.
james
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one of the new Burny LP type guitars at the weekend. It was pretty LPish in shape, with a flame maple veneer, but had a single volume and tone and two mini switches. Didn't try it through an amp so I don't know what the mini switches were for, but I'd guess they're probably coil taps. In terms of quality it certainly didn't look to be on a par with the newer Tokais.
NPH
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:08 am    Post subject: Build quality Reply with quote

I was busy putting the original pickups back in my Super Grade last night prior to putting it up for sale and noticed that the serial number is in the neck pick up cavity. I must have been asleep when I changed the pickup originally as I never noticed it before. I also noticed that the neck tenon join was very sloppy! The join is solid enough but there is a gap down the edge of one side(this is covered by the fret board so is invisible normaly). if i saw a job like that in a Tokai I would be very peed off. The only reason I can think of for me not seing it when I first changed the pickups is that I know more about guitar construction now than I did in the 80's. I would not have known (or cared) about the stuff you can't see once the pickups are in. (ah the joys of being young and dumb)
Having said that, I have had the guitar for years and it plays fine, looks good etc. I just thought I would share the info as a couple of people have said that the construction of the two brands (Tokai and Fernandez) is very similar.
BUT now I have said this, no one will buy the guitar off me. so I will never get the money together to buy back my 78 lp deluxe
Oh well,
seb
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be getting a Super Parade LP for considerably less than 'Wizards' Prices.....will post a picture if deal comes off.
Lee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seb

I assume you're talking Les Paul Replicas? Well if that one doesn't come off I can put you in touch with a guy down here who I think still has 2 for sale.

Mail me at- lee916@hotmail.com for his number.

Cheers
seb
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Lee...at the moment I'm just sorting out the sale of my old Marshall.....I may be in touch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: