help needed dating Burny! no pictures as yet

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davesowden

Reaction score
hi guys-just bought my first Burny and am loving it but would love to try and date it-can,t supply photos so i will describe it as well as i can-

black les paul custom with binding front and back,up the neck and around the headstock.

serial number in bridge pick up cavity reads 70712.

VH-1,s marked with a sticker(red border and black lettering) they appear to be wax potted but not sure. there are 4 small brass screws in the base of each pickup. the wire coming from the neck pickup is black and from the bridge its grey. no part of the truss rod end is visible in the neck cavity.

it looks like a 3 piece back and a 2 piece front.

2 ply winged style truss rod cover ( i think thats what you call it) with 2 screws.

gold Gotoh hardware.

capacitors appear green in colour.

no model name on headstock just "BURNY" across the top and nice design between the 2 rows of tuners ( 3 piece diamond style)

i would love to know when and where it was born and what model it is so any help would be gratefully received,

dave s

With the 7-serial number and the lightening bolt headstock design, it certainly sounds like an '87 to me...

Tim

agreed the Christmas tree/winged TRC and lightening dimond is lat 80,s
if you do get the chance picture help so much more

really appreciate the responses-i was hoping the 7 in the serial number was refering to 87 but was worried it might be 97 instead! i will definitely post some pictures if i can.
would these VH 1,s be wax potted as standard?

Back