Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'83 Goldstar Sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeanZ
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: '83 Goldstar Sound Reply with quote

Hi guys i'm new to this site and looking for a bit of advice.

Basically im looking at what is said to be a 1983 goldstar sound. Are there any certain things i should be looking for as a tell-tale of authenticity? The guitar has a 5 digit stamp on the neck plate and a block black logo on the headstock, which i havnt seen before.

Also how would you compare these to fender/squier JV and SQ guitars?

Any help would be great!

Cheers, Dean

p.s pictures can be found here:

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/noluckyman/
bluejeannot
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like an 83 Goldie with changed tuners.Nice looking guitar,every bit as good as a jv Fender. Gabe.
fury_dice
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a good look at the photos for this guitar and a detailed email conversation with the seller. As far as I can tell it's an '83 Goldstar (block logo fits with the date and paint codes look right) with changed tuners, some rewiring (done well) and a refretted neck. The seller was very open and honest about what was changed and what was original - just wasn't for me at the time.

I currently have an '84 ST50 Goldstar and have owned a '40 in the past; they seem just as good as the Japanese Fenders.
DeanZ
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the seller was very honest with me also which is refreshing for once. As for value would i be right to put a price tag of around ?300 on the guitar (this based on the few similar guitars i have seen, and my little knowledge of tokai's)
Noah
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is very lucky to get such details about the very guitar which he was enquiring about and I am sure that he must be very satisfied with the reply and it must have helped him to make up his mind about buying it ? I it really was like a breath of fresh air reading about the honesty of the seller!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: