Help!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caddieshack

Reaction score
Hi!
A guy here in Germany wanted to change my used PRS CE 24 against his Tokia Love Rock in Blue Metallic. I asked for the serial number and pictures. But he couldn't find the number. I hope some of you guys here can help me out. Is it worth to change my used and i mean used PRS against this Tokai!?

Here some Pics:
http://www.musiker-board.de/vb/gitarren/178376-tokai-lp-iceblue.html

He also send me a picture of the headstock so i am sure its an Tokai love Rock! So please help me out! :wink: [/img]

caddieshack, welome to the forum.
It is a Made in Korea Tokai.
Probably not so a smart and clever deal for you?

togps said:
caddieshack, welome to the forum.
It is a Made in Korea Tokai.
Probably not so a smart and clever deal for you?

Are you sure Gottfried? I've seen blue metallic japanese Love Rocks for sale here in Sweden. Look at the trussrod cover, it doesn't look like the korean 3 screw cover. It looks more like the older cover used on the japanese Love Rocks.

Anyway, I don't think I would trade a CE 24 for what probably is (if it's japanese) an LS-60 or 65. Unless of course the CE 24 is in very bad condition.

Mike

Yes, Mike, I'm pretty sure. The guitar features a Nashville bridge, which is an idicator for a MIK.
Also, re this guitar, there is already a thread here, some month ago.
The thread starter was the owner of this guitar.

togps said:
Yes, Mike, I'm pretty sure. The guitar features a Nashville bridge, which is an idicator for a MIK.
Also, re this guitar, there is already a thread here, some month ago.
The thread starter was the owner of this guitar.

Ok, missed that, and I've never seen a japanese Love Rock with cream covers (I looked at the picture in other thread) for the switch and control cavities. Then it probably is a late 90's ALS-48:

http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/v1908.jpg

Featuring a plywood body (yuck!) and a set neck (maple), note the trussrod cover, they don't seem to have 3 screws on the 90's models. It actually looks like the one on the guitar in question.

I would NOT trade a PRS CE model for that one. Don't even think about it!

Mike

Back