Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tokai goldstar sound......lake placid blue strat(1964 spec)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZIPPY
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: tokai goldstar sound......lake placid blue strat(1964 spec) Reply with quote

hi ppl i'm new to this site .... just wanted to get some feedback on this guitar i got(turns amp up to vol12 )....tokai goldstar sound strat...sky blue i think they call it lake placid blue .... thats what is says on the receipt (yes i still have it).....i brought it new in 83...it been gigged twice ......mint condition...rosewood finger board...... all original....cept the strings ............ would like to get some honest ideas on value........would post some pics if i knew how..lol....i would like to sell eventually to forward my sons drumming career!....i must be mad
any questions just ask ...if i know i'll tell ya ....cheers ZIPPY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tony o'Riordan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The usual advice is to check out the prices for similar guitars on ebay. I would imagine around the ?350-400 mark for a nice example of that model and vintage, nearer the ?400 though if you sell it on a good day.

Tony
chrisheyes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using www.photobucket.com to post us some pictures of your guitar
ZIPPY
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx for the info guys....i'll try to get some pics of it up ....oh and i forgot to say i have the original tweed case with the guitar......also after further research .....(by the wife )......it seems it an 81/82.....62/64 spec .....the headstock is the same colour as the body

thnx peeps......wait to hear from anyone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ZIPPY
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: just trying pics out Reply with quote

i hope this works[/img]
ZIPPY
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: here are the rest ...enjoy Reply with quote

chrisheyes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice guitar Zippy

If you take the scratchplate off when you next change the strings you will find some markings in the neck pickup cavity, one of which will be the colour code. That will confirm the colour of your guitar

In fender terms your guitar would be either be Sonic or Daphne Blue hard to tell from digital photo's - Sonic is a more soft powder blue and Daphne has a greeny hue to to.
Tony o'Riordan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking guitar, the one's with matching headstock are quite rare. There's one on ebay at the moment (Springy sound with block logo) for a buy it now price of ?495. That's quite steep I think but yours will certainly appeal to similar buyers. I think yours is post-1983 due to the logo and the name - Goldstar Sound was introduced in 1983 I believe to replace the Springy Sound name.
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario, Here's a Springy black w/matching head stock that went for $433.

It's very similar to yours but obviously pre dates your Goldstar Sound.

I thought you might find it interesting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170071528868&rd=1&rd=1

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis
MarkS
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my guitar! that's my guitar! I've been looking for one like mine for ages....
Is your one very light?
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet colour...not sure about the same colour headstock though...but nice nonetheless.
Rossi
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the same as Ozeshin above
Hey Ozeshin are you online in BF2142
Ozeshin
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No m8..only CoD2 but my online clan are the third largest clan on the planet.
They do have a BF division though.
It's a kewl clan...membership is only open to ppl over 25 and the average age of gamers is 40.www.theoldergamers.com feel free to drop by and take a peek
ZIPPY
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pics r pretty good in colour specially the first one, if u want day light pics let me know i can sort that ..........n ummmm mark its mine! (for the mo anyway ) lol , i take it u got one the same huh? would like to c pics of it , i,ve only ever seen one other in this colour and matching headstock(sonic blue ....as i have found out with help from the peeps here).......not that the colour matters she is a great sounding lady.
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: tokai goldstar sound......lake placid blue strat(1964 sp Reply with quote

ZIPPY wrote:
hi ppl i'm new to this site .... just wanted to get some feedback on this guitar i got(turns amp up to vol12 )....tokai goldstar sound strat...sky blue i think they call it lake placid blue .... thats what is says on the receipt (yes i still have it).....i brought it new in 83...it been gigged twice ......mint condition...rosewood finger board...... all original....cept the strings ............ would like to get some honest ideas on value........would post some pics if i knew how..lol....i would like to sell eventually to forward my sons drumming career!....i must be mad
any questions just ask ...if i know i'll tell ya ....cheers ZIPPY

So, what happened to the potential sale of the SB Tokai, and your son's drumming career? Financial boost from another source?

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: