New Breezysound!! Strange model? Photo inside

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger964

Reaction score
Hi; i'have searched in the forum but i diden't find a model like mine. Please help me to identify!! Thanks

nb9afm.jpg

2u5vxol.jpg

29lydqu.jpg

2cekwsj.jpg

hty8ut.jpg

The neck plate: 11408
Neck pocket: TE-120 s write with a pencil
Neck base: 2 = S
Bridge pick up: TEB
Vintage style bridge chrome 3 saddles: Final pro spec

Hi Roger, welcome to the forum !

Fender double bound Tele bodies were offered by Fender in the 50's,
so it should have been offered by Tokai with a maple fret board option.
It is a 1982 TE-70 YS finish example.
It's difficult to be certain whether or not body + neck are both original with differing 2=14 body vs 2=5 neck codes, but I think they probably are both original,
since both codes start with the numeral 2.

The 5 number neck plate serial # format belongs to that neck style in 1982 and it was the final year for that Tokai spaghetti style logo .
I have seen another TE-70 YS with a 60's model range rosewood board and it too had a 3 barrel bridge.
I can't confirm if either shipped from the factory this way or not, with only 2 examples.
3 Barrel bridges are typically found on TE-80+ models but there are exceptions to this.
The 8 screw scratch plate is correct for your serial #.
Pickups should have TEB inked on backs as you reported.
TEA pickups were used on TE-80 and higher models.

The person who scribbled the TE-120 may have confused your double bound example with TE-120 natural finish double bound 1 piece Ash body
examples that have shell trim along the top binding and are coincidentally equipped with 6 barrel bridges, another bridge exception example.
TE-120's were never offered in YS finish.

I hope this answers some of your questions without posing more than you began with. :)

Hi; thanks for the reply!!! In this day i'm looking for same image, info, and i've find only one guitar like mine, and it's a TE-70. The body, is two piece, and so this, confirmed that is a TE-70. However, the guitar is fantastic, sound really good, and have a big big volume without plug in a amp!!!! What is the value? I've paid it, 450$. Thanks pr the reply!!

You're welcome !

$450 is a fair price I think. Prices may be a bit higher in Europe.

I reckon $450 is a great deal!

The last one of these I checked out had an Andy Summers pickup modification and was sold in Australia for $1050 but that was from a shop.

Back