Reborn old LS50

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilbsg

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post. Just recieved a Reborn Old ls50 from Japan. Paid too much for it but I don`t care now i`ve got it and played it! Its the best guitar i`ve ever played......I`ve had loads of stuff from vintage Gibsons to Ric`s and a couple of modern Tokais and this blows everything away. It`s in great condition, and best of all, it has a one peice body! Not sure how many ls50`s have a one piece body as most i`ve seen have 2 or 3 piece bodies.
Anyway, i`d be playing it now but my Marshall Vintage modern has just died after less than 30 mins use.......

Welcome fellow Co Durham boy!!

Glad you like your new LS50, but I would bet my life savings that it's either not a LS50 or doesn't have a 1-piece body. Tokai joins can be very good!

Can you post some pics?

Marshall Vintage modern hates vintage guitars ;)
LS50 is very nice guitar, I have one and it's actually my best les paul. But back really should be from more pieces, also my top is from 3 pieces.

JohnA, your house is safe. On very close inspection i`ve found two very small join lines. Most of the body is solid but most of the horn and another very small section are joined to that. It`s not like most of the joins on 3 piece bodies i`ve seen on other ls50`s though, where there are three pieces of the same size joined together. I would post some pics but I have no idea how too!.....

neilbsg said:
. I would post some pics but I have no idea how too!.....

Open a free account at www.photobucket.com
upload pics from your PC
copy and paste the links in to your post

Piece of cake! :wink:

Here are the pics.....

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00485.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

stratman323 said:
That's a 3 piece back? :eek:

That's a good one alright! I can't see any joins at all, and if pressed all I could say is that there might be a second piece at the bottom through the cut away because the grain looks slightly different.

My favourite burst colour as well! :D

Back