Custom made through The Guitar Shop

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tokai will make anyone a custom guitar but it could take up to 12 months after ordering..
I put my order at the end of Nov. It is still not done. Expect minimum 4 months.

Bridge holes are fixed as shown.
4444677700_297a965678_o.jpg

Not a trace of the misplaced holes. Wonder what are those plastic-like bits inserted into the new holes. Any thoughts? :roll:

Bridge mounted.
4444677726_21c7d56f83_o.jpg

The guitar should arrive sometime during next week.
Cheers 8)

Minoupark said:
Bridge holes are fixed as shown.
4444677700_297a965678_o.jpg

Not a trace of the misplaced holes. Wonder what are those plastic-like bits inserted into the new holes. Any thoughts? :roll:

There's no plastic there brother, only wood. What is it that you think is plastic? The Nashville ABR has a mounting system like a tail piece - a large hole is made in the body, then bushes are pressed into the holes, and lastly the bridge posts screw into the bushes.

What you're seeing in the picture above is the holes in the body ready for the bridge bushes. The tail piece holes already have bushes inserted, and the bridge holes will look similar to them when the bushes are in.

No problems there at all. :)

Thanks JV for the quick response.
The white cylindrical structure inserted into the holes that are in contact with the sidewalls appeared like plastic, but I wasn't quite sure. Just wanted to know what they were. I thought the studs were directly inserted into the body, making contact with the wood. I believe that is the case with certain other bridge system(s).
http://www.cvguitars.com/Faber/BSWKIT/

That would be the counterbore into the maple so that the inserted bushes are flush with the finished top.

Nice clean work. Maple, not plastic.

She is going to be a beauty when she is finished.
8)

Ah, I see. I guess the white part is white because the finish is removed from there due to drilling. My bad. :p

Edited: The guitar is shipped out this afternoon and will arrive at my place tomorrow morning at 9:00AM. Expect loads of photos 8)

I tweaked the photo of my guitar a bit and I can't even tell it apart from a real Slash VOS 8)

4447430122_e4b90263c7.jpg

4428076745_ae19b9d74a.jpg

Care to make a guess? There is one feature in my guitar that gives it away.

Alright guys she is here and she is one fine piece of art.
4447053110_8d800d1d71_b.jpg

4446273747_2da7acc527_b.jpg

They got the top color just right. It appears quite red in the photo but in real life it is more brownish and a bit like lemon drop finish. It is really well done.

I've already changed the truss rod cover cause I don't like the look of the stock cover.
4446275781_19954fa061.jpg

As for the bridge, they did a great job and I wouldn't have known that there were misplaced holes had they not told me anything about it.
4446276405_7d7d5252b1_b.jpg

I love the grain on the top.
4447053856_68eb168b13_b.jpg

So am I happy with the guitar? Hell ya. Would I do this again? Yup. I think I would never buy any production guitar knowing how cheap it is to have one custom-made for you.

The only downside to all this is that it takes too long, and sometimes it is hard to exactly convey what you want, especially when it comes to things that can be subjective and abstract such as color.

Hope you all enjoyed the thread. Thanks to everyone for all the input during the process. I couldn't have figured out the issue about the bridge by myself 8)

Cheers.

BTW the guitar on the top is mine and the bottom one is Gibby Slash VOS :p You got it right JohnA

Yes sir, that looks very good!

I'll be honest though, I don't like the TRC! :lol: And it's upside down! :)
I like the old Tokai one that is kind of like a diamond shape, off the Reborns.

Back