• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale: Throbak PAF set - the ultimate replica!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinfan

Reaction score
Due to a guitar switcharound, I have a set of awesome Throbak PAF replica pickups for sale. You can read all about the pickups here:

Throbak pickups

The full spec is as follows:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SLE-101 Limited matched set
Neck 7.6K Bridge 8.1K

NOS vintage correct PE magnet wire is wound on the slug coils with the original Gibson Slug 101 winder and screw coils wound on the Leesona 102. SLE-101 Limited has a clarity and note bloom as the Standard but with the added authenticity of NOS vintage correct plain enamel magnet wire.

The NOS magnet wire coating differs from current magnet wire in texture and in thickness. These differences effect how the wire sounds and how it scatters as the coil is formed. The tonal result is the rounder top when compared to current production PE wire of the same diameter.

A2 vintage clone sand cast magnets, custom milled Michigan hard maple wood spacer, vintage correct two conductor wire and threaded baseplate complete the picture. Nickel silver covers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How much closer to the originals could you possibly get??? :eek:

The pickups have short legs and four conductor wiring which means they will fit in almost any guitar - Les Paul, Strat, '61 SG etc etc. The only guitar I know they won't fit is an SG Standard as they need the longer legs for the bridge pickup.

I ordered this pair direct from the US and they took 3 months to arrive (Jon's waiting list is pretty big). They cost me $449.00, plus postage, import taxes and VAT.

They're in excellent condition and come with the certificate of authenticity. I'm asking for ?275 plus ?5 for UK Special Delivery insured postage, or they can be collected from me in Manchester. Save a few quid AND beat the waiting list! ;)

PM me if you're interested.....

Throbak003.jpg

Back