• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1981 Love Rock LS 80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddj55

Reaction score
I'm putting my 1981 LS 80 up for sale. Serial number 1011358. I think you would call it violin finish? I have owned it about 2 years, and have done the following mods:

Faber bridge mod
New Gotoh bridge and tailpiece
Titanium saddles
New tuners

I put nickel covers on the pickups, I prefer that look over bare pickups. All the electronics are original. I have the original parts which I replaced, will be included in the sale. Also including a new set of Dimarzio PAF Classic pickups which I took the covers off of to put on the originals in the guitar. They have never been mounted. Comes with it's original gigbag too.
This guitar plays very well, and sounds fantastic! I hate to sell it, but I'm getting arthritis in my hands, it just hurts too much to play anymore :(
I'd prefer to sell in the U.S., but if the only interested party is overseas, I'll seriously consider it.
I'm asking $1,200 obo, Paypal or bank check only. Buyer pays actual shipping and insurance.
I'm posting this first, and will try to get some pictures up tonight. If interested, email me and I can send pics that way too.
Todd Grove [email protected]
California, USA

Hmmmm, i've noticed a couple of our American members are trying to sell guitars at the moment, i'd say that there is next to no chance of selling these over seas due to the stock market crash, i know i definitely won't, our dollar has dropped 30 percent in a couple of weeks making that an $1800 dollar guitar in Australia without shipping....... :eek:

Mick

Even at the price to sell,someone is going to get a good guitar at that price,someone should snap it up.I will have it if its got free shipping to the UK .Hang on guys, we in the UK have to pay customs

customs is piece of cake (I'm talking for Slovenia - 3,75% for guitar) but on all costs (guitar + shipping + customs) we need to pay 20% tax.

so let's say this one: 1200 usd + approx 150 usd shipping charge + customs + tax= approx 1680 $ at current exchange rate= 1253 ?.

:(

:lol: We are the same with (guitar+ shipping + customs = 20% on the total cost) Dont know about the exchange rates in the UK :evil:

Selling price is only the starting point. The delivered price is the true cost.
I've got a handful of guitars I'm going to take to the Dallas guitar show next weekend and put them in a friend's booth for sale. Figure I'll have better odds at selling them there than eBay.

Finally the pics :D ...I put her back in original form
Does any one know the finish color?
PB080001.jpg

PB080003.jpg

V
PB080002.jpg

Thanks MIJ....Actually got it for 1100.00 US including shipping :D .... I also have a 1983 LS150 but this guitar just feels vintage .now a big LS 80 fan :lol:

I was always keen on the dark finish on the back of les pauls-
The red backs always seemed kinda clownish to me????

Back