Direct competition in eBay adverts

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian

Reaction score
This may be a good original guitar, but I?m not impressed by his claim that it?s inherently better than a 78 Springy ST80 currently on eBay from Barry (ie ex Loverockeruk);- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3717958717&category=2384 - scroll down to foot of his description to see what I mean - any thoughts on that :eek: ?

If I?m not mistaken, he was advertising the same guitar last week, but seems he pulled the ad., and now has it re-advertised with a note which appears to say that he sold last week?s guitar for ?500 ($900) :eek: . Not sure what he?s trying to say with that business about ?ST60 vs ST80" :eek: ?

Ian.

Ps:- also looks to me like the same guy who had this guitar on eBay last year at BIN ?495 - I emailed him about it very politely asking if it worked OK - he replied with a long rambling tirade complaining about people unreasonably expecting 100% mint condition, and advising me not to bid; so I didn?t, & nobody else bid either :lol: .

Hi Lee,

?was it maple? ? ...shrugs shoulders?.yeah, could have been ? but I just don?t like his invitation to bid low on someone else?s auction in the expectation of subsequently bidding higher on his own stuff (plus various other dodgy tricks).

Ian

Back