My Goldstars not well!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHANTOMLORD

Reaction score
I've just resoldered my neck pickup back into position - everythings as it was prior to taking it out and now I have a static click whenever I touch the strings, pickup poles, trem and input. I take my fingers off the strings, click! return to the string click! Can anyone help? I'm at a loss - :cry:

Is there any way you can send me a picture of the back of the pickguard?
Regards,
Mike

Sorry my friend I'm using old technology - no scanner and no digi camera -

there's nothing I can see that's causing the problem - pickup was soldered cleanly and in exactly the same place as prior to taking it out - it's like a static build up but too persistant and too audible - there's no extra noise otherwise and pickups sound fine - when my hands are touching the guitar it's as if i'm completing a circuit - all the earthing connections are correct and soldered well - I've checked my other guitars - an old Squire Tele and a Burns Marquee and they have the same problem just not as bad - actually the Tele's just as bad but isn't played too often - wiring in this is very poor but still correct. :-?
Will exposed connecting wires be the cause? There's less than a millimetere exposed from the solder point to where it is covered though.

- I thought it may be a common problem - as I mentioned three out of five of my guitars have it + they are all single coil too - anyone else have/had this problem?

Back