Tokai w/ Rolph Pickups Question/Request

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currypowder

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone here that owns a fairly recent high end Tokai w/ Rolph pickups have any pictures of the back of the pickups and (if uncovered) pictures of the side of the coils? I purchased a set of Rolphs used and want to compare what I have to other Rolphs.

Here you go_Ohm readings Neck 7,9 - Brigde 7,8
P1010720.jpg

P1010723.jpg

P1010724.jpg

Volker

Thanks for the pics, Volker, I?m not able to get good pics with my old camera.
I guess yours are '58 model, am I right?

I also have a '58 pair with 7,54 K and 7,97 K readings.Rolph usually recommend this model over the '59 but every guitar has its own properties.
Great pickups with an over the edge harmonic when double bending. I really like these and are my favourites with Wolfetones. I tried several pickups in an LS special model and found them fit perfect, whereas Classic '57s didn?t.

You can measure them with a multimeter Volker.Regular Rolphs in Tokais are '59 models with higher readings so I guess those are the ones you got but Bridge one is low (I just recall bieng over 8,2-4 K) or maybe he crafts a s model for Tokai with special specs.
I was today with Sutg and were checking our Rolphs I guess he discovered how to tell a real Rolph.

What a small world! I recently purchased a 2007 Tokai LS-380. The previous owner had removed and sold the original J. M. Rolph pickups and replaced them with Tom Holmes (USA) pickups. :lol:

I guess Rolphs and Holmes are a bit different sounding , so different tastes or maybe Holmes fitted betetr in your guitar,who knows.

Back