• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB!!! Tokai LC-100/110 (Pre 1984)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JungleBookBoy2

Reaction score
Okay.... Hello everyone. I am hoping that this posting will be seen and heard by all. I will try to keep it updated as much as possible because I really have been seeking a Custom model diligently with no gains.

I am looking for a Pre-1984 Tokai LC-100/110 in relatively good condition. Approx... 90 % + fret life remaining or better, As close to original parts as possible and original condition, no serious cracks or any breaks.

Please PM if you have something available and are not using it frequently. I have solid references and understand shipping instruments well. Thank you everyone and keep in touch if you have any PRE-1984 LC-100/110 models.

FYI to everyone..

JungleBookBoy2 and I had agreed on a deal for the sale of my SG, and after 2 weeks he totally flaked out. Just a warning to everyone who this guy emails, he wasted 2 weeks of my time with empty promises, he will most likely waste yours.

mk7169 said:
FYI to everyone..

JungleBookBoy2 and I had agreed on a deal for the sale of my SG, and after 2 weeks he totally flaked out. Just a warning to everyone who this guy emails, he wasted 2 weeks of my time with empty promises, he will most likely waste yours.

Good job Champ.... I have already tried to rectify the situation via email and phone. But you seem to be stuck in your ways and have childishly decided to make me out to be the bad person....

$1200 + shipping was not a forum price as you has suggested. You purchased the item from another forum member for $850.00+ shipping and feel sore that you cannot make $300 from me.

I feel sorry that you need to do such things.

JungleBookBoy2 said:
mk7169 said:
FYI to everyone..

Good job Champ.... I have already tried to rectify the situation via email and phone. But you seem to be stuck in your ways and have childishly decided to make me out to be the bad person....

$1200 + shipping was not a forum price as you has suggested. You purchased the item from another forum member for $850.00+ shipping and feel sore that you cannot make $300 from me.

I feel sorry that you need to do such things.

Josh,

Please learn the definition of slander; I said nothing false or malicious about you, I am merely giving a warning to fellow forum members who may consider dealing with you about my personal experience with you.

The price is irrelivant, we agreed on it, and its between buyer and seller. The point (which you are obviously missing), is that you strung me along for 2 weeks with a promise to buy, after I had been more than sympathetic to letting you pay in 3 installment plans. It would be like walking out at the altar.

Interesting that you started your reply with "haha" it justly shows others about how you regard making a commitment with someone. Anyway, I'm not about to have a forum battle with a kid who just lost his credibility. My point was to warn people to be wary of making a deal with you based on my recent experience with you. Its nothing personal, its just business.

Your childish insults just add to your lack of credibility. Learn how to have a conversation without slinging poo, especially when you are dead wrong here.

good day.

JungleBookBoy2 approached me to buy a vintage LS80. I agreed to sell him the guitar then he walked away from the deal as well. At the time, I also felt strongly that my time had been wasted. Sellers beware.

I don't blame him for getting annoyed when he found out about the $300 extra. I wouldn't have completed the sale either if I had found that out. :lol:

But I would have discovered this info before I agreed to buy something.

Sure, it might be "legally" wrong to back out of a sale after it's been agreed, but it happens all the time all over the world where people are selling anything. It's annoying, but part of being a seller on a forum.

JBB2 - I'd delete a couple of your posts if I were you, no sense in completely burning bridges.

JVsearch said:
I don't blame him for getting annoyed when he found out about the $300 extra. I wouldn't have completed the sale either if I had found that out. :lol:

Sure, it might be "legally" wrong to back out of a sale after it's been agreed, but it happens all the time all over the world where people are selling anything. It's annoying, but part of being a seller on a forum.

JBB2 - I'd delete a couple of your posts if I were you, no sense in completely burning bridges.

I do feel bad about this situation and have tried to speak my side. This deal did not seem to be fair for both sides in the end. I went with my gut on this one and even made 2 near offers after finally declining $1200.

I told him I was sorry and that I could not buy it. He then said he had another buyer and not to contact him further.
But I still do not fully understand. If the guitar is really worth what he is asking. Will it not still sale for the said price he is asking??

JVsearch said:

@JVS, a little detail jungleboy neglected to mention, that $300 difference was from back in Nov 09 almost a year and a half ago... which he specifically saught out the seller and probably bothered him til no end about it. anyway, Josh was FINE with my price for 2 weeks, emailing me every day, often twice a day, making sure I would *only* sell to him and no-one else, grilling me about every detail, etc... very persistent kid when he wants something.

i had already made my peace with letting her go. whatever, its done. he's just a young kid, he will learn sometime.

PS: I'm keeping the Greco SG, its totally awesome! (and I have owned a 1969 Gibson SG Custom so I know what I'm talking about)

JungleBookBoy2 said:
...I told him I was sorry and that I could not buy it. He then said he had another buyer and not to contact him further.
But I still do not fully understand. If the guitar is really worth what he is asking. Will it not still sale for the said price he is asking??

It very well could be worth the asking price, firstly, because there are people out there who don't particularly care how much money they spend,
and secondly, because that may be the amount that a similar guitar would cost.

Sure it is nearly always cheaper to buy them direct from Japan, but that's nowhere near as easy as a local deal, unless you use one of the Japan based ebay sellers.

What we don't know is whether the seller had to pay large shipping and duty costs to get the guitar. These costs could easily be a couple of hundred bucks, so maybe it wasn't as bad as it seemed.

I suspect you're at that stage where it's almost impossible to be patient and wait a little bit for the right thing to come along?
With all the talk that goes on here about rarity and how hard it is to get certain things, and how soon there wont be any more of X,
well, even with all this talk, things keep coming up for sale. The fact of the matter is that they are not the greatest ever guitars known to mankind and that nobody ever parts with them.
Generally, they are good to very good guitars with individuals having personal favourites here and there that they keep for whatever personal reasons
(usually because they like the tone but that is subjective and based on more variables than the guitar alone).

Something will turn up.

JVsearch said:
...The fact of the matter is that they are not the greatest ever guitars known to mankind and that nobody ever parts with them. Generally, they are good to very good guitars with individuals having personal favourites here and there that they keep for whatever personal reasons (usually because they like the tone but that is subjective and based on more variables than the guitar alone)./.

JV, I gotta say, compared to my old 1969 Gibson SG Custom, this Greco is EVERY bit as sweet as that guitar was, and I sold that one for $2800 which was a good price for the buyer. The neck on this Greco feels and plays the same, and the fretboard is in better condition. tons of sustain. the pickups scream... i cant say enough great things about it. it was the reason I got into MIJ guitars, and the only reason I even considered selling it was because I scored a Tokai ST-80 that I've grown very attached to.

mk7169 said:
JVsearch said:

@JVS, a little detail jungleboy neglected to mention, that $300 difference was from back in Nov 09 almost a year and a half ago... which he specifically saught out the seller and probably bothered him til no end about it. anyway, Josh was FINE with my price for 2 weeks, emailing me every day, often twice a day, making sure I would *only* sell to him and no-one else, grilling me about every detail, etc...

Oh yeah Nov 09 - deep in the economic mire!

Agreeing a price and then asking about details is a classic case of buyer impatience and disorganisation, usually coming from a rush of blood to the head, and it's easier to get a rush of blood when you're young. :)

mk7169 said:
JVsearch said:
...The fact of the matter is that they are not the greatest ever guitars known to mankind and that nobody ever parts with them. Generally, they are good to very good guitars with individuals having personal favourites here and there that they keep for whatever personal reasons (usually because they like the tone but that is subjective and based on more variables than the guitar alone)./.

JV, I gotta say, compared to my old 1969 Gibson SG Custom, this Greco is EVERY bit as sweet as that guitar was, and I sold that one for $2800 which was a good price for the buyer. The neck on this Greco feels and plays the same, and the fretboard is in better condition. tons of sustain. the pickups scream... i cant say enough great things about it. it was the reason I got into MIJ guitars, and the only reason I even considered selling it was because I scored a Tokai ST-80 that I've grown very attached to.

Sounds like it's a very good SG!

I can understand why you would sell it though, in spite of it being an excellent guitar when you're in a Strat phase an SG just sits in the cupboard!
Been there myself, I can only cope with about a maximum of about one year not using a particular guitar then I look at selling. About half of the ones I've sold I would like back... :( :lol:

JVsearch said:
Oh yeah Nov 09 - deep in the economic mire!

Agreeing a price and then asking about details is a classic case of buyer impatience and disorganisation, usually coming from a rush of blood to the head, and it's easier to get a rush of blood when you're young. :)

if you want to talk economics, right around the end of 2009 we were experiencing deflation, so it was a great time to buy things like Greco SG's =) You could get a good price on it back then... and now prices have balanced back to reality, say about $300 give or take ;-)

but i digress... the whole point of this was to warn potential sellers about my experiences with this kid, and as Gregg has validated, i'm not the only one he jerked around, so sellers beware!

Sorry,was totally wrong :oops: I had something in my mind but about a member with a similar name.You've my apologies jbb2 :oops:

t.olsen said:
I do not know you mk7169 but I had the pleasure to experience JBB2 in another guitar forum where he has been banned after making only trouble.I can suggest what a pleasure it must be to deal with this kind of guy :-?

Otto or I believe you are muccax in another forum. How have I in anyway been banned?? The other forum is a USA english speaking LP forum where as you seem to be not getting along too well if I can say so much.....

I have sold and bought various instruments through other forums with a solid reputation and feedback score.
Here at the Tokai Forum there are some people that think they are kings of the world because they have a couple sets of Dry-Z's and 5-10 other guitars.

We all enjoy music and some people come here for the business aspect of the website but others like myself come here for the full opportunities of this website... to learn, dream, work and try to play a couple of these guitars before this chance passes along.

JVsearch said:
JungleBookBoy2 said:
...I told him I was sorry and that I could not buy it. He then said he had another buyer and not to contact him further.

It very well could be worth the asking price, firstly, because there are people out there who don't particularly care how much money they spend,
and secondly, because that may be the amount that a similar guitar would cost.

Sure it is nearly always cheaper to buy them direct from Japan, but that's nowhere near as easy as a local deal, unless you use one of the Japan based ebay sellers.

What we don't know is whether the seller had to pay large shipping and duty costs to get the guitar. These costs could easily be a couple of hundred bucks, so maybe it wasn't as bad as it seemed.

I suspect you're at that stage where it's almost impossible to be patient and wait a little bit for the right thing to come along?
With all the talk that goes on here about rarity and how hard it is to get certain things, and how soon there wont be any more of X,
well, even with all this talk, things keep coming up for sale. The fact of the matter is that they are not the greatest ever guitars known to mankind and that nobody ever parts with them.
Generally, they are good to very good guitars with individuals having personal favourites here and there that they keep for whatever personal reasons
(usually because they like the tone but that is subjective and based on more variables than the guitar alone).

Something will turn up.

Thanks at least for your commentary even if you happen to be a neutral party. You touched on some key points for me and directed good advice my way.

I can't comment on what either may have said to each other during private negotiations, but I do believe:

The price one buys a guitar for has absolutely no relevance when discussing the price they're looking to sell it for. A lot of things come into play such as supply/demand, currency fluctuation, age, and emotion. When the yen was super low I bought a Variax 700 in Japan for $500 and sold it on eBay for $900. It's all a matter of what someone is willing to pay for it. The idea of buying something for a price that has to be less than the current owner paid is pretty ridiculous. We're not talking about a used sofa in university here. Geez, look at the some Reborns in Japan selling for more than 2K now.

Jason

Big Willie Style said:
...The price one buys a guitar for has absolutely no relevance when discussing the price they're looking to sell it for.
It does to me! If I find out what someone paid for something, and it's way less than what's being asked, I say to myself "Right, stuff them, I'll go and find my own deal similar to the one they got"

NB, this still doesn't preclude the higher priced deal from ending up the preferred option. :D

Big Willie Style said:
...The idea of buying something for a price that has to be less than the current owner paid is pretty ridiculous.
That was never stated or suggested by anybody in this thread. 8)

Latest posts

Back