• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB (Europe): Tokai LP Premium Standard model

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco78

Reaction score
Tokai premium series, LS160-172 or similar models. I'm only interested in new models, not vintage one's sell in Europe. No other countries because I'd pay duty taxes.

No ridiculous high prices, otherwise I'd get a Gibson historic.

Price in ?, because now ? is too high in comparison to euro.

A Gibson Historic is still a ridiculous price.

Something like this direct from Japan even with duties would save you a boatload of money over a Historic:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/guitarplanet/item/tokai_ls173_violin_finish_lp/

marcusnieman said:
A Gibson Historic is still a ridiculous price.

Something like this direct from Japan even with duties would save you a boatload of money over a Historic:

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/guitarplanet/item/tokai_ls173_violin_finish_lp/

This guitar at my home cost about 1650 ?. In comparison to Historic have:
- african mahogany vs honduran mahogany (that on Tokai cost probably 2500 ?)
- japanese pickups vs gibson pickups
- poly+nitro vs nitro finish
- no correct headstock angle
- low resale value

"No ridiculous high prices, otherwise I'd get a Gibson historic."

The link for the new LS173 from Japan was anything but ridiculous in terms of price or guitar - it was pretty much what you asked for. If that wasn't something useful to you, piss off

**edit..... you did say "Europe" for your search so I retract the piss off comment :wink:

Come on now... :lol:

I reckon he doesn't want to pay the full price for a new Tokai as then he might as well just get a 2nd hand Historic which keep their prices better.

No one likes to pay 2k for something and have the price slashed by half the moment you take it out of the shop.

Lucke Luke said:
No one likes to pay 2k for something and have the price slashed by half the moment you take it out of the shop.

And yet, buying new cars without questioning resale value, ain't no problem! :wink:

felixcatus said:
Lucke Luke said:

And yet, buying new cars without questioning resale value, ain't no problem! :wink:

I maybe shouldn't have said "no one". I reckon some people don't mind doing it.

I could never understand why people buy new cars, or let alone ... cars :lol: Prestige, status, or in the case of the UK... having a number plate of the current year... (penis extenders?)

However, guitars aren't cars. Generally speaking you take a guitar out of the shop and it drops to about 50% of its original price (as with a lot of the guitar stuff with some exceptions)... However, a car always keeps on depreciating (again, some exceptions).

Really, who needs a car? All we need is some trucks to do the logistics and that's it.

Latest posts

Back