Which model is my new Love Rock?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see at least one silver braided lead in amongst all the spahetti visible through the f hole.

stratman323 said:
I can see at least one silver braided lead in amongst all the spahetti visible through the f hole.

Yep, my 2004 LS125 has MkIIs with silver braided wire too. Ref the other thread my tuners are the correct height too.

Dave

leadguitar_323 said:
MK II's have silver braided wire.

Sorry John but the MKII's in my LS 180 have vintage cloth covers on the wiring.
Yes it is. It's just that now all pickups that come with Japan Tokais are MKII.

Wrong again, the high end Tokai's have had Seth Lovers, MK 1's, JM Rolphs and Dimarzio's, not to mention custom orders.

Mick

Yes I was talking only about the middle range Tokais.

Getting slightly off topic but sticking with the pickups. I'm going to replace my MkIIs with these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=140307362203 . I'll try the new cap's first though to see how much difference that makes on it's own.

Dave

:eek: By the time you add on post & customs charges, you could buy a house in Middlesbrough with the money they will cost you! :eek:

:wink:

you probably right - but then they'll probably hold their value better than houses in Middlesbrough at the minute :wink:

Dave

Anyway, getting back to my 2003 Love Rock.....

I have a catalgue that must be from 2003, as Bob Murdoch states "2003 is an exciting year....". It's less helpful than the later versions, as for every model it states "All standard colours available...", which I don't believe.

Anyway, there is one GT pictured - the ALS60 GT, which is the lowest model LR listed. The closest is the ALS65, which has a "maple 2 piece top". The ALS60 GT just states "maple top". So it looks as though the cheapest MIJ LR you could get in 2003 was the ALS60 GT - does that sound right?

Also, all the humbucker fitted guitars mentioned in the catalogue apparently have Mk II pickups - there is no mention of Mk III. The 200 model has Mk I, & the 320 has Duncan SH-55 pickups.

So, what happened? Mk III pickups were introduced after 2003? So what does mine have?

Latest posts

Back