Where do you shop for MIJ guitars?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooticus

Reaction score
I've been a member here for a year or two and am wondering where, besides eBay and CL, a US resident like myself can find used MIJ axes. I bought a GREAT Orville glodtop from a fellow member last year and would like to find alternate sources for these fine guitars. I know some of you make a few dollars buying and selling, and don't want to reveal secrets or add to your competition. Any help would be appreciated.

Scooticus

You can buy directly from dealers there:

Ishibashi
Gakkido
Kurosawa

You can also use the Japanese auction site Rinkya

Several Japanese ebay sellers are good sources - Chingo, Katana, Hisashi

Guitargai is here in the States and he's pretty pricey but he has some nice guitars

www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box , www.guitar-shelter.com - These sites specialize in used guitars, offering great prices. I can vouch for them both in terms of reliability and service.

www.real-standard.com - These guys do new Tokais and Van Zandts - great photos. I've never bought from them, so no idea about their service.

www.rinkya.com, if you want to get into the stacks of cool guitars that are for sale on auctions.yahoo.co.jp (Japan's most popular auction site).

www.digimart.net - This site has soooo much GAS-inducing eye candy it is not funny. You'd have to contact the individual dealers to see if they'll sell internationally, or maybe work something out with Rinkya.

www.j-guitar.com is also good.

In Japan: Junkyards, Pawn shops, Recycle centers, ads in local papers (lots of older people have their kids' old guitars and gladly sell them now when the economy is slow)....

Otherwise, I buy wherever I feel I get a good deal (no Yahoo cause there is mostly overpriced **** these days).

Latest posts

Back