What exactly is this Tokai, (nice Koa top)?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattbarlow

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-Mint-Tokai-Love-Rock-Koa-Flame-Top-Hi-Specs-H-C_W0QQitemZ370210866763QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item563249864b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A3|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A50

I came across this Love Rock on ebay, it looks awsome and it has a great price,
Any info on this model?

Alexandros

It is awesome! - and won't stay at that price for long. If it does there'll be a very long queue trying to snipe it :wink:

Dave

His listing says its equivalent to an LS230. Very nice looking guitar!

I love mine!

New:

2fdd_3.jpg

Loaded w/ WCR's:

LoveRock026a.jpg

All these Tokais are so gorgeous!
making my LC185 Wine Red anxious:p
but i really am faithful to her!

Anyways its nice to have more great looking Love Rocks to think about:p

Alexandros

f5joe wrote
I love mine!
Can you (or anyone else) tell how the sound of a koa top compares with that of a maple top?
Anyway, here?s a pic of my guitar, also part of the former togps family, 2nd from the left on the family picture 8)
TokaiLS240SM4.jpg

Cheers Herb

Kappie:

I don't know if I can write out exactly how it sounds. I did receive it second hand with the WCR Icebuckers already installed.

To me, it may tend to be a tad warmer by nature than a maple top. More like a mahogany ...... perhaps somewhere between mahogany and maple. How's that for scientific? My apologies.

The WCR's are somewhat powerful pickups for sure. The fit and finish is spectacular on these ... agree?

f5joe wrote
Kappie:

I don't know if I can write out exactly how it sounds. I did receive it second hand with the WCR Icebuckers already installed.

To me, it may tend to be a tad warmer by nature than a maple top. More like a mahogany ...... perhaps somewhere between mahogany and maple. How's that for scientific? My apologies.

The WCR's are somewhat powerful pickups for sure. The fit and finish is spectacular on these ... agree?
Hi Joe, thanks. Well that sure gives a direction towards the sound. Sounds interesting, although I really love the bright cutting sound of my Spalted Maple LS240. :lol: Anyway, sound is always difficult to describe, and the sound of maple top guitars vary amongst eachother anyway. In my opinion nothing sounds and plays as good as a Tokai, I agree that the fit and finish on these are nothing less than spectacular :eek:
PS: Bacchus also makes some really great guitars, I am convinced the Japanese are just better at it.

Latest posts

Back